Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011

Anyone left?

Sadly, the downside to being due at the end of the month is the due in forum goes deathly quiet! Just wondered if anyone was still about? I'm due today but no signs of anything happening xxx

Replies

• still me! :roll: Yes, it is a bit lonely at this end of Sept, isn't it?

Midwife was convinced I'd be early, then baby dis-engaged- little sod! Am all back on track now- 2cm dilated and with no plug. REALLY hoping something happens today or tomorrow.

How are you feeling?
  • Im still here, unfortunately image

Was due on Tuesday 20th & still no sign of baby wanting to make an appearance. I've got a membrane sweep wednesday if babys still not here image
  • Hi Littlestmonkey - it is a bit lonely! I knew it would happen though as it did last time in my old forum though I had my little boy at the beginning of the month.

Your signs are good! I will keep everything crossed for you that things progress. My little girl's totally free and I have zero symptoms. Could end up being an October baby at this rate. I'm feeling well, just impatient.

Hi Lauren, you must be getting really frustrated bless you. I'm already fed up of the 'anything happening' type comments. Do people seriously think I'd have a baby and not tell them?? :lol:

Aww, us small but faithful band have each other! Hang in there ladies, we're doing great xxx
  • Hi I am still here too. I was due on the 14th and still here. I had a sweep on Thursday which hasn't worked as I am still here! I am due to be induced tomorrow but when I phoned midwife on sat to see if 2nd sweep could be done she said no due to hospital being too busy, so fingers crossed not so hectic now and I will be able to go in tomorrow, otherwise I think I will cry. I hope things get moving for you all soon too xx
  • Does the membrane sweep hurt? A few people have said it hurts :roll:, really not looking forward to Wednesday. Hope your able to go in tomorrow, god knows how your feeling 11days overdue image x
  • Oh Kaz, bless you, I really feel for you. Hang in there sweetheart, I promise you once baby is here all the waiting frustration disappears in a heartbeat xxx
  • Kaz, hope you're in the throes of labour by now, lovely. You obviously have the patience of a saint. I'm climbing the walls, and I was due same date as Lauren (20th)

Lauren, have had two sweeps by two different midwives now. Can honestly say they weren't painful for me. The first one I thought she was going to lose her arm she had so far to go to find baby's head too!!!

They both felt fairly similar to smear tests for me, but less painful. Trick is just to relax. I found it a good way to put into practice the breathing and relaxation techniques for labour.

Only thing I'd say is, don't depend 100% on it working. You never know though, you might go into labour before then.

Malkymum, what was your first labour like? Don't they say for second time babies, often they don't engage until labour actually starts?
  • Hi,

Just wanted to say best of luck to the sept ladies who are still to give birth.

Hoping we will be a complete forum again in just 2 weeks time or so over on the 'born in' side. We miss you!image xx
  • Hi monkey, I first labour was induced but my little boys head was engaged for quite a few weeks before. I had another check up today and baby girls head is still free so you could be right. She engaged briefly, was breech for a while and still moves round a lot.

Hi Tulip, thats a nice message, it will be nice to all be together again image xxx
  • Had my first membrane sweep today, wasn't bad at all, thought it was going to hurt, but was just an uncomfortable feeling. Midwife said I'm 1-2cm dilated, so hopefully baby will be on its way soon.
  • Thats good Lauren, glad it wasn't painful for you. Exciting if you've started to dilate! I think its one of the symptoms that can't go backwards :lol: I'll keep everything crossed for you this is the start of things.

I'm now 3 days overdue, had a hospital check up Monday and all is well so they are leaving me to it, got the MW tomorrow for BP and pee but I'm not interested in her poking about, I see a different one everytime and they are all useless. The hospital staff are amazing though! xxx