Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Very late BA

Well i had my c section booked for the 20th Sept but my lil man couldnt wait that long and i ended up having him by an emergency c section the day before on Mon 19th of Sept.

Firstly i started with a bloody show and losing my mucus plug on the Sat and by Sunday evening my waters had broke, i got monitored at the hospital but they sent me home. As soon as i got home i was having contractions and had then most of the night till finally my partner rushed me in at 5am in the morning. The same midwife monitored me again and said i will be staying in and having an emergency c section that afternoon.

Due to my lil man being breech though and having contractions from 1 minute apart they had to rush me in for an emergency one straight away. The pain was awful and is bum was on the way out. They finally got me in to theatre and i had some gas and air to take the edge off, i then had the spinal block for the c section, before you no it my baby boy was born at 10.11am on the 19th of sept weighing 7ib 2oz at 39 weeks and 2days gone. He also was born to UB40 red red wine...the experience was great and at least i got to experience natural labour but in the end still got the c section...was a very positive experience and all the staff and midwifes that cared for me was fantastic.... i love my lil boy hes gorgeous has blonde hair and blue eyes and gets longer by the day, hes now two weeks..hope everyone is doing good. xxxx image

Replies