Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

who was overdue??

Hello, hope you dont mind me postinmg here. Due in oct is empty, think they are all on fb. I'm not!

My due date is today and just wondering when everyone had their babies. Really hope bubba comes soon, so fed up, in pain, not sleeping etc.

Having a sweep tomorrow, really hope it starts things off.

Congrats on all your beautiful babies

Jess xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hiya, you're very welcome to join us!

I was overdue, went into spontaneous labour at 41+1 - and totally unexpected as had no signs whatsoever, woke up one morning with a bit of backache and 7 hours later had a baby!

My midwife attempted to do a sweep when i was 40+5 but i had an unfavourable cervix so she couldn't do it, which just goes to show how fast things can change, so don't be disheartened if you can't have one.

Is it your first baby?

xxx
  • Options
    Sadly I went overdue both times. DD1 was 8days late and DD2 was 7days late. You'll know when it happens though. Hopefully baby won't keep you too long (you could try asking your OH to DTD, his sperm acts the same as a sweep).image
  • Options
    Hi,

I went into labour 6 days overdue and then had my little boy 7 days overdue.

I was sick of everyone telling me to make the most of the end of my pregnancy and sleep but boy where they right!! :lol:
  • Options
    yes it is my first baby

midwife couldnt do sweep, cervix was closed

did anyone have a feeling they were gonna go into labour before they actually did or was it a shock? Been feeling more unfortable and abit of stomach ache, wondering if its a good sign or not.

xxxxxx
  • Options
    I couldn't sleep the night before. No reason for it, no pains or niggles just couldn't get off to sleep. remember thinking could something happen soon. (I was 37+4 and my waters broke the next morning)

Sb x
  • Options
    g/c i went 11 days over with my ds. the day i went into labour i had niggly back ache and an overwhelming feeling i didnt want to leave the house! my cervix was posterior and closed when my 2 sweeps were attempted. ps i went into natural labour and wasnt induced (when u say 11 days over most ppl presume u were induced!) x
  • Options
    Oddly enough with both my girls I was booked to be induced but went into labour naturally the night before I was supposed to go in. I had no warning signs whatsoever with DD1 and had been in early labour for 10days with DD2 (regular BH contractions but not strong enough to be classed as active labour).
  • Options
    10 days over with first boy and 1 day late with my little girl - no signs beforehand. Do you know what you're having?

You're welcome to join us, october's empty x
  • Options
    i'm getting so fed up and frustrated, now 8days overdue, no signs or niggles. not sleeping at night though, just lay there looking up at the ceiling.

everyone keeps texting me asking if the baby is here and its doing my head in.

having another attempt at sweep tomorrow morning, really hope they can do it. Also get date for induction.

Dont know what i'm having, cant wait to meet him/her.

xxxx
  • Options
    Oh Jess, I really hope something happens soon, the waiting game isn't fun at all.
  • Options
    Hi,

I know this isn't what you want to hear but trying to relax will help raise your oxytocin levels for labour and unfortunately anxiety will delay it.

I had many false alarms that did end up feeling like the real thing and I wonder if my anxiety slowed things down to a halt.

In the end I was induced for a complication though.

I'm hoping there is something nice you can do/watch etc which will take your mind off it x
  • Options
    had my sweep today, apparently i'm already 2cms dilated, induction date booked for saturday. Really hope baby comes beofre then, i really dont want to be induced, heard bad stories and you have to stay in hospital for ages. Hubby cant even stay until i'm in established labour.

Still havent had a show

bearing in mind i'm already 2cms do you think my chances are good of going in labour before saturday?

xxx
  • Options
    you never know! fingers crossed and keep us all updated! image
  • Options
    I was 2 dilated & went into spontaneous labour following a sweep so fingers crossed you'll only have a 24hrs wait like me.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed you start labour, i was induced for medical reasons it took 5 days and ended in a section but i was only 39 weeks. Observing the women on my ward, they didnt take long to go into established labour if they were overdue and already dialated, they only needed the first gel. Some trusts will also try and break your water and start the drip.

Good luck, keep moving, get some nandos spicy chicken x
  • Options
    i had a show in the night when i got up for a wee and im still losing loads today, also got lower back pain which comes and goes like waves, no contractions yet though.

Really hope they start soon

xxxx