Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

proud of myself...

Oliver and I have been for a drive!!!

Now i realise that some of you may think, so what, but I haven't driven for 6 weeks and not with Ollie on my own!

I want to go to my mums, who lives an hour and a quarter away, next week so thought i would go for a test run.

Oliver was suitably underwhelmed as he slept the whole time!

The world is now our oyster :lol:

SB x

Replies

• well done! i was terrified the first time i went out alone with DS so god knows what i'm gonna be like when i go out with DS and DD on my own for first time!
  • well done spongebobby, im made up you got out and about. I cant wait to escape with alfie xxx
  • well done hon! A huge milestone and i can't wait to do the same although i'm very scared. X
  • Well done, it's such hard work getting out of the house with everything :lol: but it gets easier over time xx
  • Well done. I need to pass my test then i will be out as much as possible.x
  • I've been out twice now with my girls, once dropping off DH at work and yesterday I went to Asda just me and the girls. That was the fun part, in the past I would have carried DD1 to trolley stand before getting her in but now I have two I wound up getting the nearest trolley and taking it to the car to get them both in (looking like a right looney, watching my car and only half paying attention to everything else). My sister has asked me to meet her and my nephew at an indoor playcentre later this week, possibly my next big venture.
  • Well done! I think i might venture out this week. Just over 4 weeks since my section but feel ok now apart from the odd niggly tummy ache and an itchy scar!

I do however get nervous just being out with him in the pram when we've gone for a walk round the block so don't know what i'll be like in a car. Plus so far when we've gone out i've been in the back keeping an eye on Ryan while hubby drives so that'll be odd just letting him fend for himself. He does normally just pass out asleep as soon as the engine starts but i do worry.

Would also like to visit my parents soon and they're the same as you SB, just over an hour away.

xxx