Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Need your advice again!

Hi ladies,

You gave me helpful advice following my below post a little while ago. Most of my friends have now met my little man - do you think I should ask this friend if she wants to catch up? Want her to meet baby as don't want to leave her out but also don't want to upset her if she finds it too much. Not sure what's best.

What do you think?

My friend is struggling to concieve - been through 1 failed IVF and although always appears happy-go-lucky she confided that there are times when it's difficult. I cannot understand as haven't experienced it myself but have been there for her just to listen.

Since I (very tactfully) let her know I was pregnant she has cancelled dinners, been much slower to text back and it's now looking like she'll never even see me pregnant (which feels a bit odd).

I do understand but recently there is a part of me that feels it's a bit rubbish. I can (and do) talk about other things than being pregnant - one of my closest friends really doesn't like kids but we always meet up and talk non-baby chat

What do you think ladies - fair enough to avoid me for months?

Replies

• I would ask her if she wants to meet up with you but that you understand if she doesn't want to and that you are there for her to talk to by phone if she needs to.

SB x
  • Extend the invite saying you'd like to catch up & also have her meet your LO but that, as a good friend, you'll also understand if she feels uncomfortable doing so. Let her know that you do care & are always at the end of the phone.