Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Very late but very positive water birth story :)

Hi Girls

I havent been on here for what seems like ages My little girl is now 5 weeks old and getting bigger by the day thought I would share with you my birthing story so here goes.....

Saturday 17th September

Woke up in the morning to more messages on my facebook asking if I had had the baby (Due date was 14th sept) or if I was getting any pains??? blah blah blah To be honest I had stopped writing anything on there because all the questions were getting on my nervs :lol:

Anyway I had no pains felt knackerd but what was new I had felt like that the last few months,we was due to go to a engagement party that night (close friends) I said to hubby lets just go it was only down the road and I felt fine.

We went to Asda in the afternoon to grab a few things I dont know why maybe because I was in labour and never knew and it was my instinct but I remember saying to hubby I cant stay in here I feel really hot and I got into abit of a panic.

So we went to my moms for a coffee and for my DS to see his nanny and grandad.

Me and mom were joking about when this little one would decide to come out she could tell I was fed up :roll:

Anyway when we got home I said to hubby that I really didnt feel like going to the party after all, not because I was in any pain or that i felt I would go into labour anytime soon I was just knackerd :lol:

So we settled down for the night I told hubby I was staying on my Birthing ball the whole way threw x factor with no breaks and I did.

Around 11pm I went off to bed and left hubby up to carry on watching a film I felt like I had period pain but that was it I remeber going the loo and thinking gosh Im glad I never went into labour tonight Im soooo tired.

I just couldnt get comfy in bed I kept tossing and turning after a hour I fell asleep then at 2am (18th sept) I woke up really hot and needing a wee.

Went back to bed but just knew THIS WAS IT !!

I wasnt in any major pain but it was stronger then anything I had felt over the last few days I woke hubby up and said its time to go his responce was have your waters gone then.

When I told him they hadnt gone yet he told me to go back to sleep :lol:

After timing the contractions hubby said there every 6 mins I will call the birthing unit, the midwife spoke to me and said its up to you if you want to come in yet but you are talking threw contactions and seem like you are doing just fine at home but if you want to come in now I have no problme with it.

So I did :lol: when we got to the Birthing unit all I kept saying to hubby was their going to send me home these contractions are not strong enough yet anyway my midwife led me into the birthing room (which was like a hotel room i loved it )

To my complete surprise I was 6cm dialated so the pool was filled up for me the lights were dimmed, spots lights put on and I then got into the pool which felt amazing.

Me and hubby were chatting by this time it was 5.30 and we were taking bets on what time we thought she would arrive I thort id have at least another 5 hours to go.

My midwife was amazing so friendly and there with me and hubby at all times as there were only two other ladies on the unit that night both had just had baby girls.

At 7.30am the contractions had really stepped up and were one after another I told hubby to call my mom to come up to us then asked the midwife for some gas and air because the pressure I was feeling in my bottom hurt so much.

The gas and air really helped me zone in on what I was doing it didnt take the pain away but just made me consentrate on what I needed to do.

I told my midwife I needed to push she said just let your body do what it has to do and go with it, which I did and with 4 pushes our beautiful baby girl was born image I remember hearing the midwife and hubby saying look, look under you.

When I realised what they were saying the midwife was passing me my daughter under my legs.

Her beautiful big wide eyes were just looking up at me she hadnt even realised she had been born because of all the water, hubby cut her cord and my mom arrived just 2 mins later.

My birth was sooo positive and only a total of 6 hours as our little girl was born at 08.04am on 18th september

I would really recommend a midwife led birthing unit to any lady that is low risk in pregnancy the midwives were amazing and so was the after care.

We had our own room and hubby was able to stay with us as long as he wanted.

Having my baby girl in the water really helped me to relax and hold the weight of my body ,I think the rasperry leaf tablets from 36 weeks helped loads in my second stage of labour.

So it was Such a happy and positive experience for me, hubby and our little one.

If you have got this far thank you for keeping up with me xxx

Replies