Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

6 week appointment today!

Hi ladies,

Just quick post to say Me and Oliver have our 6 week appointment today, Cannot believe how quick the last 6 weeks have gone. Can't really remember what happens but i know we are both fine so shouldn't be in there to long.Have to take my other two with me so it will be interesting as they are playing up today but i am sure a trip to feed the ducks and a visit to the pund shop will keep them quiet well hopefully. :lol:

Replies

• Good luck Candimum, hope it goes ok. From memory it should just be a talk through yourself (how your feeling, no soreness/tenderness anywhere) and a repeat babycheck. Hannah & I are having ours at 8wks (general for our area is me at 6wks and baby at 8wks but I do both at 8wks followed by jabs to save on visits).
  • Well all was well. Oliver's chest infection has gone so we are happy about that as no more antibiotics imageimage .Got a smear test and coil being fitted mid December, So just have to careful until then :lol: Managed to get the only morning appointment left for this year according to the receptionist!!Think they just don't like to give anyone appointment ever :roll: but at least both DS and DD will be at school or nursery.x
  • glad all is well x
  • Candimum, did u have a coil before? Sorry For the personal question but I'm thinking about asking for one at my 6 week appointment but don't know wether I dare....does it hurt having it put in??

Thanks image xxx
  • I'm planning on a coil this time too, don't think they like fitting them until 12wks after the birth (even though they know you can get pregnant again from 3wks image ). My sister has reccommended a coil & says it's a mild discomfort whilst it's fitted (similar to period cramp) but once it's in you shouldn't notice.
  • hay i have never had the coil but a few of my friends have and they said it was fine, slightly uncomfortable but ok.The doctor agreed with me that it was the best for me as i wasn't sure at first.I had to collect if from the pharmacy and have to take to the doctors myself and the box is massive so its scared me a little.Oliver will be around 3 months then so i think it should ok.I have to have smear when he is 3 months from my bleeding and they were worried about something.So going to have them done together.I will let you know how it feels when i get it done.x