Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011

Chunky monkey

Hi ladies,

How are we all and how are our little uns?

Well I had a 3/4 month review with HV today and she talked about weaning and teething. All pretty straight forward and then she weighed him!!!

Well my lovely monkey has put on 1lb in two weeks!!! I knew he was a hungry boy and loves his food but really. He is long too so is outgrowing his clothes at a rapid rate! Born he was 6lb 13oz and now is 14lb 5oz.

No wonder my arms ache!!!

So proud image

SB x

Replies

• Brilliant Sponge Bobby! You must be thrilled that he's doing so well. How many feeds does he have per day and how much?

I think our babies were born on the same day? (27/8)and Flo was 13lb11oz 3 weeks ago so probably quite similar to Oliver now. She was nearly 9lb at birth so he's doing really well.

Just a quick questions while I think of it. Which bottles do you use and which teat flow size is Oliver on? I'm trying to decide whether to go up to the next size at the moment...

IT's great that you sound so happy xxx
  • Hi Peanut,

Oliver is one hungry baby. He has 7oz 5 times a day. He currently sleeps 8.30 ish til 5/6ish so has a feed then and then at 9.00, 12.00, 15.00 and 7.30. We use dr brown bottles and went up to size two teats ages ago as he slowed right down. He was quite quick at feeding but has again slowed down as he is too nosey!!! I read somewhere that this is quite normal.

The Hv did suggest that because he is a hungry baby he might need to start weaning a little bit earlier but I am going to try to hold out as much as poss.

HTH.

SB x
  • Arr bless him.i got Oliver weighed nearly two weeks ago and he was 10lb 14oz but he has been ill so not sure if he put much on since then, as i couldn't get him weighed Friday because of his chicken pox but will this Friday.x
  • Hi Ladies,

I laughed at the title of this post as thats what I call my wee boy!! lol

My wee man was 7lbs 13oz when he was born, he was exclusively breastfed for 7 weeks but was too hungry for me to keep up with. At 6 weeks he weighed in at 12lbs 2oz!!!! Weighed him last at 11.5 weeks and he is now 15lbs 4oz!! His 3-6 month clothes are getting snug and he's only 12weeks!!

I'm using avent bottle with a number 2 teat,cant get him to take the number 3 bottle, too fast for him just now.

He eats 6 times a day. 5oz's at 6.30, 10, 1.30, 5 and then a 7oz bottle at 7.30 for bed, he gets another 7oz at 2am also!

Can't get him to take bigger feeds during the day at all so he only last 3.5 hours in between feeds.

hope everyone and their babies are well!

cx
  • Aww hes doing great as are all the other little ones image

I call Mia chunky monkey too! I stopped bf altogether at 12.5wks and she now has 7oz of hungry baby milk at 9,12,3,6 and 8.30 then sleeps 11-12 hrs.I use Mam bottles and stage 2 teats. She was last weighed at 12wks and was 16lbs 4! She was 9lbs at birth image
  • Blimey Fran and Foofan, you have got some seriously chunky monkeys!!

Had Flo weighed today and she was 15lb10oz at 14.5 weeks so pretty chunky too, although mostly very long. THanks ladies for posting about bottles and ounces. Because I still feed FLo then top her up, I've got no idea how much she gets from me but your posts give me an idea of what she would be having was she fully ff. I just wish she'd take more during the day then stop waking in the night but I just can't force any more down her. May have to give the next stage teats a go...

May be time for a photo update from us all soon, I want to see all these chunky monkeys! X
  • Ryan was 12lb 6oz last thursday, will be getting him weighed again tomorrow but he's been putting on about 6oz a week. He is 12 weeks on friday and was 9lb 12oz at birth. He is too long for his 0-3 sleepsuits now, but his 0-3 jeans only just started to fit around his middle! He is breastfed still, and was sleeping 6-10 hour stretches overnight but must be having a growth spurt as has had me up twice a night the past few nights, which he hasn't done since we left hosp, he's only ever got us up once a night! Hubby gives him a bottle of expressed breastmilk in the evenings sometimes, and he will take up to 9oz of that, using breastflow bottles, so don't know how much he's getting off me! He was going 3-4 hours in the day but as I said, his recent growth spurt has made him constantly hungry, just hope i can keep up as i love breastfeeding him and want to carry on as long as poss.

xxx
  • Wow and I thought Hannah enjoyed her food. We're following the 75th percentile nicely at present, poor little monkey is constantly dribbling with teething (also very cuddly). We're planning to start weaning in Jan once 4mths old (just as we did with big sister) which HV has approved. Poor Hannah can't wait, she smacks her lips eying plates at dinner times. She also babbles away in conversation, very sociable young lady, having many a long chat with DH on our sofa. It really is lovely to hear (though every time I try to catch it on camcorder she stops & stares at me just like her dad)