Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011

A little question on periods! warming might be TMI

Ive had 1 peroid since ive had DS and it was very light which is unusual and only lasted a few days it was painful i dont remember them ever being as painfull. I had to take the emrg pill last week as the protection me an DH wrer using failed. Ive now took another period because of taking that pill and its very light again and painful and it seams to be ending after only 3days(im not complaining that there short lol)

Is that normal?

Sorry if its TMI!

Replies

• Hi lovely. I am not sure if that is normal or not as everyone is different. I would wait for the next one and if it is the same speak with your doctor. My first period was terrible. It was painful and very heavy. I was having to use 2 pads together and changing every half an hour. I couldn't leave the house. I had to have tablets from the doctor to halt it. Expecting cycle 2 any day so will see what this one is like xx
  • my little man is 13weeks now and I haven't had one at all yet. I did breastfeed for a while so that might explain why. Do have a doctors apt on thurs to see about it. Just really hope its not anyother buba, I've just bought a house and cant afford more time off!!!

• I'm BFing so haven't had a 'period' as such but do remember my first period after DD1 being 'light' with an almost 'spotting' tendancy. It was two months later it got 'heavy' with the familiar cramps & cycle lengths (fortunately I only had to bear it two months before DD2 was conceived).

Consider it like coming off the pill, your body is adjusting to the change in hormones once again & everybody will respond differently. If you do have any concerns then discuss them with your GP who can refer you to gynaecology if needed. Am fairly certain what you're going through is the normal process & that you'll see a more 'normal cycle' soon enough.
  • thanks everyone just wanted to make sure it was kinda normal.

I did breast feed for 2week but then took a kidney infection and was given antibiotics was expressing and throwing it away just so I would keep my milk suply up but after 2weeks it was too much hassle and I just kepted him on formila. was alot handier.

xx