Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

very 'to the point post' about sex!

hey all sorry about this but i just feel rubbish.

I used to really love sex! I would orgasm regulary and my oh could turn me on without any effort...however since having ds sex has been more...something i do to keep him happy. I will come on to him even when i dont really want to just so in my head he wont want to have sex with anyone else (ive got quite insecure since having ds,not that i let on to people i am) and whilst there in the moment i enjoy it even though never orgasm or very rarely! I wish i could go back to been the 'sex kitten' but im so tired with ds and trying to get all housework done i really cant see me enjoying it fully again. Do you know whats really depressing..? Im only 23 I dont want the rest of my life to be making myself have sex just so my sex drive doesnt go completely!! HELP!! is it mormal to still be feeling like this 16wks after having ds??? :?

Replies

• Try not to worry, everybody will adjust to life with baby in tow differently. After Samantha was born DH & I didn't have any contact until 8wks after she was born owing to my stitches & post birth bleeding, even then it was rushed 'in case we woke her'. Today, it's not so much the 'not wanting' but the fear of disturbing my children that stops me. That emotion will pass though & things will return to a more relaxing/enjoyable time between DH & myself.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it is normal for some women to lose their drive after giving birth for many reasons (feeling less attractive with post birth bellys/stretch marks, fear of waking baby, fatigue from having baby around but to name a few). As LO gets older & you see more of a routine to feeds & sleeps you'll find it easier to fit in that quality time you & your OH need (don't think it always needs to be sex either, just sharing a meal for two or a cuddle on the sofa watching a DVD will help keep you close)

If you are concerned about the way you are feeling, you can discuss it with your GP who may be able to offer advice. Best wishes
  • Hay i know how you are feeling i felt the same after having all my children,still feel like it now but i know its not as bad this time as i sometimes want it not often but i do, which is good for me as i don't have a high sex drive.It does return, it may take while but you will.Sorry i couldn't be much help.x