Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

From tummy mummy to yummy mummy...

ok so I am not going to say its a new years resolution as those I manage to break! But, I am determined to lose weight and get fit in the new year.

Does anyone want to join me so that we can motivate each other?

SB x

Replies

• Yes please!! Hardly lost any weight so far and already putting a few pounds back on with all the festivities. Am going to enjoy Christmas then definitely going to join you in the New Year x
  • me too!

I dropped 2 stone instantly after the birth but haven't lost more than a few pounds since.

I'm not so worried about losing more too quickly as I'm still bf (although the HV thinks Connor is now ready to start weaning at 15 weeks! Eek!) but could really use advice and support on toning my c section 'apron'.

Good luck ladies x
  • I'm in. I actually weigh less now than before I got pregnant, due to the amount of weight I lost in the beginning, but I did weigh too much to begin with so support on here would be good. Also want to tone my belly up a little after c-section! xxx
  • I actually don't have any trouble in this area, both pregnancies were natural births with BFing & I've returned to normal weight & figure within 2-3wks of giving birth. Of course it does help to go 'power pramming' around town & the park is only 5mins away. Love Wii Fit Plus & Kinect Just Dance games too.image
  • Ill join ive a few unwanted pounds and prob more now since christmas :S

xx
  • oh me!!! I need to lose 1 stone but would love to lose 2!

cx
  • meeee, I seriously need to lose weight. All the weight I lost while pregnant soon piled back on (naughty torch) xx
  • Ok, so just got to finish the last few treats and then its on to sensible eating and some exercise. Hubby is back to work tomorrow so can hopefully get back into a routine.

Ollie can gain the pounds but mummy is gonna lose them!!! :lol:

SB x
  • I'm starting on the healthy eating next week as we are away for a few days at the end of this week. Then it's soup for dinners, as i have a new soupmaker and they're healthy and cheap, and a proper healthy tea. Starting back at netball next thursday (YES!!!) and once we clear all the junk out the games room i'll be on the Just Dance Kinect game as often as i'm allowed! Really should get some scales though so i know if i'm making progress!

xxx
  • Should we do a weekly weigh in or something to keep us motivated??
  • I need to replace the bathroom scales as DD1 has decided they made a great game & has now successfully broken them :roll: Trip to homebase or B&Q at the weekend.
  • That sounds like a good idea Foofan although I think I will just post how much I have lost rather than actual weight as too embarassed to admit how much I weigh at the mo!!! image

Started well however, as not eaten too much rubbish today and have done a 20 minute zumba work out.

SB x
  • Major problem I have is that I'm still not allowed to do any exercise. I'm seeing the physio every two weeks as the spd isn't healing well and my pelvis is still very unstable. Makes it very hard to shift the extra weight but am determined. My pre baby weight means I still have 1 1/2 - 2 stone to lose but I'd be happy to lose a stone and tone up.
  • Another Zumba session today and went food shopping. Managed to resist buying any goodies! image

SB x
  • I've been out walking with the pram or using the baby carrier. but I did discover a lovely packet of choccy biccies in my cupboard....and now their gone...ooops!!

cx
  • started weight watchers online on Friday and have lost 2lbs already and thats with having a chinese on Saturday!!! Yay!

Hows everyone else getting on?

SB x