Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone thinking of TTC before this year is out?

Just wondered if anyone else is thinking about another bubba?

If we are lucky enough to have another we would like a small age gap between them and so I would like to start TTC when Ollie is 1 as I know it may take a while but hubby wants to wait until 2013.

I wonder who will get their way! image

SB x

Replies

• I would love to but can only afford to put one child into childcare, so will have to wait til bubs is at school! If it wasnt for money issues I would def be TTCing before the end of the year!

cx
  • We've already decided to start trying in June! I know you're supposed to wait til a year after a section, but it took us a few months last time, and even if it does happen straight away, i've seen ladies on here with very small gaps between sections which was fine. We do want a small age gap, as we both have large age gaps between ourselves and our siblings, and would both have preferred smaller.

However, half of me feels sad that if i have another i won't be able to give as much attention to my gorgeous boy. xxx
  • Sadly we always agreed two was where we were stopping & we have our two now. We initially started trying for Hannah when Samantha was 9mths old & succeeded on Samantha's 1st birthday. 21mths apart has its ups & downs in that you find yourself being more strict with what your children can & can't do but you do learn to split time between them equally.
  • hell no! we always agreed 2 and we have 2. i don't dare have another as megan's delivery was so quick! everyone keeps asking when we are going to have another though
  • Not a chance in hell!! The thought of being pregnant again fills me with dread, have never been more miserable or painful thanks to the spd. I'm still recovering and two pregnancies on crutches is my limit. I love being a mum more than anything and would happily have more if I could skip the pregnant part! X
  • I'm also in the 'you must be mental' camp! image

We had such a traumatic birth and since I've had an infection and mastitis, so although I enjoyed a pretty comfortable pregnancy I feel I need time to recover emotionally, physically and financially! Seriously can't afford another for a while.

We also had a serious complication in the end and there is an 80% chance I would get it again in a subsequent pregnancy so its a big consideration. It means a 2nd pregnancy would require very close monitoring and of course the increased risk of stillbirth which would affect us and also our little boy now.

If we have anymore will be a big decision full stop when originally we assumed we would have 2 or 3. If we get sick again which is the most likely outcome then it will be weekly blood tests, monthly scans moving to daily at the end and constant worry. Plus a c section at 37 weeks or sooner if my bile acid levels go up. So I'd need to be ready for this.

I suppose ideally I hope we'd be ready to consider a 2nd when Connor is around 2 or 3 as this seems a sensible gap where he'd be that bit older but not 'too old'.

Best of luck to all those ttc soon. Hope you have successfull pregnancies x
  • I don't want too much of an age gap between a first and second child so I'd like to start thinking about it before the year's out. I also really enjoyed being pregnant so look forward to that again - although, with the little man there'd be no lying in until 11am at weekends and spending hours wondering around baby shops like I did before!!

In the real world however, I have to go back to work so we'll see.
  • US image We have talked and talked and talked about this since Abby was a few weeks old. I am the sort of person who has to have guidance in my life so knowing when we would start ttc again kind of puts me at ease. We want to start when Abby is 12 months old although this is subject to change, we could get there and decide were not yet ready and that is fine, we are only 24 anyway. We are going to try naturally for a few months (bring on the obsessive symptom spotting, 2 week wait etc :lol: ) as Abby was conceived with clomid we know the chances of actually conceiving naturally are slim but its worth a shot.
  • Hmmm

I am having a really tough time with Noah's apparent allergy to sleeping!!

However in my delirious tired state I actually really want another one- (I must be mad!!) Maybe at the very very end of the year!! imageimageimageimage
  • I wonder if any of us will end up in the same 'due in' group again...
  • Hi, as much i would love to hubby doesn't want anymore children so not for us, Sad really that my baby making days are over :cry:Wow that seems so final me putting that!! Well i wouldn't say never as you never know accidents do happenimage But i do have the coil now but since i have had it, the amount of people have told me they got pregnant with the coil :? .
  • Meeeee!!!

I had Aoif???? on 5/09/11 with a natural birth... fell asleep in-between every contraction with just gas&air and my labour lasted 3hours and 42mins of pushing image

I had an awful pregnancy, had hyperemisis, placental lakes, haematomas, spd and very slow movement but its not put me off lol.

After a great labour i then went on to being rushed to theatre as my placenta wouldn't come away and i was losing a lot of blood!

Ended up that my placenta was in pieces when they got it out manually and i lost just over a litre of blood.

But i still managed to b/f her till she was about 16 weeks, she now has formula and has started on food image

After all of this we are already trying for baby number 2!

AF turned up on saturday so wasn't our month but shall be trying again this month image

EVERYONE tells me i'm crazy but i don't care what they say!

I have a beautiful little girl who is also a very good little girl, sleeping 12-13 hours every night and we can't wait to give her a little brother/sister image

xx
  • Just an update...

we've carried on talking and looks like we might try again at the end of 2013 - so in just under 2 years time.

It'll give us a time to heal, allow us to enjoy our little boy and he'll have some free hours at nursery by the time any baby is born. Also means I can be a real person again and go back to work for a bit.

Even saying we WILL try for another at any stage is progress so I'm really happy with that.

Do you think its all the hormones making everyone want more..??????? image