Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What is the world coming too?!!!

Well decided that I'd take my two beautiful girls out for a stroll to take in the sunshine & fresh air. So we're on our way home & get to the zebra crossing, look both ways, taxi slowing to stop & blue car at the other end of road so I proceed to cross. Am halfway across when this blue car suddenly screeches to a halt just short of hitting me & girls image , they had plenty of time to slow down - the road isn't exactly short. So I turned to look at the driver who had nearly mowed me down expecting to see some young student 'racer' behind the wheel, only to discover this elderly lady giving me the biggest look of disgust. Now unless the highway code has changed since I took my test you are supposed to stop once a pedestrian places foot upon a zebra crossing - I was over halfway across before her emergency stop to avoid hitting us. :evil: :evil:

Replies

• Oh no! Poor you!

You know if that was me in the car I would feel awful and beat myself up all day and be more careful but it astounds me how people get angry when the outcome could've been awful.

Hope you aren't too shaken up.

We had a similar thing with a pelican crossing so the lights were red but the woman in her 4x4 was on her mobile and when the traffic moved on she just started driving with me and little one in the baby bjorn. Not impressed!
  • I'm a firm believer that elderly people should have to retake their driving tests every few years. Hubby's grandad really shouldn't be driving but still does.
  • Some people just shouldn't be allowed on the road.

Really shakes you though doesn't it?!

That happened to me when LO was about 3 weeks old in the pram - it was an idiot in a van and I was so shaken and mad that I screamed what a twat he was. He didn't even look bothered :evil:
  • A van sent a wave over me and the pram when my boy was only 2 weeks old. There was no need for it(plenty space to avoid puddle as quiet road) and as it wasn't raining at the time I didn't have the rain cover zipped up and my wee man was soaking!! :cry::cry:

some people are just horrible, but what goes around comes around! image

cx
  • omg hope your ok, We have a few people like that around here and we are near a school so you would of though they would be more carefull.x
  • I think it's a definite fact some people just shouldn't be driving. Had this foreign student drive into the back of our car on our way home from shopping. We were in a queue of traffic waiting at a roundabout when we suddenly felt a 'jolt'. DH gets out to inspect our car as this student also gets out to inspect hers, fortunately we only have a scratch on our bumper but it was her words that stumped us - "What did you stop for?" Perhaps because if we hadn't we would have done to the car in front of us what she just did to us. We were honestly stunned that she had to ask & assumed we would just plough into the queue as if it wasn't there.