Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011

Had to have a emergency op!!

Hay ladies, well I had a coil put in on 16 th December and when I had it put in I was in agony as he did it, Anyway I had my 6 week check on Friday just gone and the nurse told me she was unable to feel the strings and was referring me to get an ultrasound so they could find it.She was unable to find it via normal scan so had to do an internal scan and found that it had purfurated my uterus and attached to my right overy.The doctor told me I would have emergency surgery that day as it was dangerous but as it had been there possibly since it was put she was doing keyhole but I may lose my right overy bit would try not lose it.luckly she only had to take part of the outside of it away and it still looks healthy but if I was to have anymore kids then I would have to have early scans.she said if she was unable to save it then she would had to cut me open.I have 4 insisons int stomach area and belly button and I am really sore but otherwise on the mend.So I ded wouldnt recommend a copper coil.the funny thing was I was asked what contraception I wanted when I was still in but I don't think it's at the top of my list ATM.Felt horrid as had to leave OLiver for the first time ever overnight and he's breast fed so had to have formula which hubby said he wasn't to impressed with, he soon drained when they came to see me in hospital tho.sorry if it doesn't make sense and spelling, I am on my iPhone and still feel quite out of it from the gereral anathetic and morphine.they have given me paracetamol an ibrophen bit doesn't quite do the same job.x

Replies

• that's awful! wishing you a very speedy recovery xx
  • hope everything gets better soon.
  • Oh my goodness me! Your poor thing.

Sending you huge hugs bump buddy!

Sounds like you've been through the mill.

In the past I've had 3 laparoscopic surgeries on my gynae bits so please feel free to use/ignore the following tips which I found helped me. image

1. Peppermint (any form) for the gas and shoulder tip pain

2. Gentle movement to help shift the gas.

3. Big knickers to avoid your incisions

4. straws are good as its hard to bend to drink sometimes

5. Pineapple juice will help 'get things moving' gently if you have this issue

6. Plenty of TLC! image

You are so brave and sound as though you've done so well to get through the surgery and still feed your little boy.

I'm sure he'll be fine as he sounds like he has a good Daddy and a strong Mummy. Do not feel guilty about giving some formula - its in everyone's best interest for you to rest and completely unavoidable whilst having surgery!

I doubt he would expect you to bf whilst under a general!

Try not to put too much pressure on yourself and really focus on resting and recovering as that way you'll be fully functional sooner.

Your only job should be feeding when you are up to it.

Wishing you a steady recovery hon xx
  • Hay thankyou ladies. Tulip thankyou for advice I think all of them will help me, the shoulder tip pain and help with gas defo.feel like I am pregnant again with al the bloating, only have a two pairs of trousers that I can wear at the minute.Just a shock from what's happened, didn't expect surgery.x
  • aww hon. It must be a huge shock. Go easy on yourself. You'll probably feel so much better after just one week and back to yourself a few weeks later. But still take it slow. Gentle movement is best for shoulder tip pain. You may also have an odd cycle for a bit and some bleeding. All normal unless it gets worse or heavier. Try to rest and take naps when you need to. Sending lots of love x
  • Thankyou I will do.i have stopped bleeding now, haven't had a period yet but know I am not pregnant as she checked when they scanned me.Feeling a lot better today, didn't have to take the kids to school because as they were closed due to the snow so that saved me energy,but back tomorrow I think so going to leave a bit earlier so i don't have to rush.Hope everyone is well.going to put some pictures of Oliver up soon.x
  • Oh Candimum, not the nicest experience. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
  • Hi

How are you doing now? x
  • Hay i am back to normal now, thankyou for asking.Two of the cuts feel tender if pressed on but not painful.Had a scan as i wasn't healing very well but all seems well now. image

How are you tulip?x