Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

oops I (think) I did it again.......

Sing along :lol:

So, I have a riddle for you. My AF has been messed up since having Abby, it was messed up before too. Average cycle 35 days image

AF arrived on 22nd Jan (Cai's birthday) lasted the normal 7 days. Condom split on the 31st and as we needed clomid to conceive Abby I didn't think I would get pregnant so didn't bother with the morning after pill (mistake number 1 :lol: ) so, yesterday (8th) I had light bleeding, pinkish and only when I wiped. No symptoms of AF and it only lasted a few hours.

Here is my riddle (because I can't remember) could this be an implantation bleed or is my body just playing tricks on me?

IF I have a bun in the oven then so be it, we will be happy and just adjust. When Should I test?

Oh and here is a small sample of Abby's Minnie Mouse collection image

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l505/babyhope2010/DSC_0227.jpg

Replies

• Don't have much helpful to say other than......take a test!!! imageimageimage
  • Hi Torch,

Looking at your dates if AF was on the 22nd then the 31st is only 9 days after so if you did ovulate it would be early.

If you were having a 28 day cycle then AF would be due around 19th feb.

Good luck

SB x

ps love Abi's minnie collection! image
  • Done a test but its neg but my thinking is that its WAYYYY too early. Going to give it 2 weeks and see what happens. I never actually thought I would be on 2ww when Abby was just 5 months old lol x
  • You're not alone Torch, I'm almost at the point of taking a test myself (though thinking it'll prob be neg & I'm worrying for nothing). I'm BFing so not bleeding (part of the fun of figuring out rough cycles) & was going to have coil fitted by the GP who does the fitting hasn't been at our local clinic & I've been 'putting off' until she is back 'our way'. Problem is DH & I have started DTD again & have screwed up (not once but twice now). Part of me says I'm less likely because of BFing but another part of me is telling me I have all the same 'bloating'/'AF smell' symptoms I had with pregnancy. To test or not to test - ARRGH.

In your case, I'd try testing again this time next week (assuming AF doesn't turn up meantime). Hopefully hormone levels will be more accurate for you at that point.
  • You're not alone Torch, I'm almost at the point of taking a test myself (though thinking it'll prob be neg & I'm worrying for nothing). I'm BFing so not bleeding (part of the fun of figuring out rough cycles) & was going to have coil fitted by the GP who does the fitting hasn't been at our local clinic & I've been 'putting off' until she is back 'our way'. Problem is DH & I have started DTD again & have screwed up (not once but twice now). Part of me says I'm less likely because of BFing but another part of me is telling me I have all the same 'bloating'/'AF smell' symptoms I had with pregnancy. To test or not to test - ARRGH.

In your case, I'd try testing again this time next week (assuming AF doesn't turn up meantime). Hopefully hormone levels will be more accurate for you at that point.

Aww Kazzie, could you imagine being here together AGAIN :lol: I have to laugh or I will cry. Please keep me updated though x
  • Arrest bless ya torch. I have had to take two

Hpt at the doctors one being yesterday and another in December, as with the problems I have had with the coil and operation etc I wasn't covered but as I am

Breast feeding it helped.i was kinda scared when she did it but it was negative so that's brill ni????o

Am not on any contraption not that we are dtd as wasn't aloud to for two week post op.we can

Now but i am so scared its

Going to hurt as I was in pain after when I had the coil and with

My bleeding in pregnancy with Oliver etc I think now I am

Ok will it still hurt? Don't think I have has pain

Free sex since last summer sorry about tmi.but do you think I am silly to be scars

Or just being paranoid?sorry about going

On just

Really

Needed to get this of my chest.Also on my iPhone and still getting used to all button and it keeps changing my words on doing words on one line :roll: :lol: me and technology image .x
  • Ahh hun, you have really been thorough the mill haven't you! I had my coil out, it had twisted and got stuck in my cervix, it was horrible having it out. We DTD about a week later and it was fine, no problems at all.

Today, I have had some mild tummy ache but not AF sort of pains so goodness knows what's going on. We have talked and if I am then so be it, we will be happy. I have got up the last 2 mornings feeling sick and I am super tired but I have had a lot going on and think I am just over analysing everything and I am probably just coming down with a bug (notice how I am trying to convince myself here)

Going to wait another 2 weeks or so before I test though. Will keep you all updated.

xx
  • Same here with symptom stopping as I have very tired,sick and generally run down so when she did the rest I was expecting her to say I was.ifound out how the coil was, it had purdue anted the top of my cervix on placement and had the traveled to my right overy/tube and the strings had wrapped around the tube right next to my overy.i have to go back to the hospital for a scan as i am still in pain, the doctor said that I am very swollen which I shouldn't be now.sorry I have been negative on here recently, hate being like it.hopefullyyou get the result you want torch.x
  • Wow, you lot are really putting me off the coil, I didn't know it could cause such problems!

Don't worry about being negative Candimum, this forum is all about sharing our highs and lows.

I've decided to stop taking the pill now. I've been on the minipill for 2 months coz I'm breastfeeding, but I just never remember to take it at the same time every day! The normal pill was easy as I just took it before work, and if i forgot it didn't matter coz i could just take it when i got home instead.

We've not actually DTD yet though. We've done stuff, but i just don't feel sexy anymore, having a bit of a confidence crisis. image But when we do i guess it's just condoms for us until June! xxx
  • Well so far BFN has turned up (though still have bloated gassy sensations same as when pregnant, could be in my mind though). Am going through a whole host of awkwardness in trying to get coil fitted, they don't do it at my local surgery so having to travel to their sister site in neighbouring town image have had to have pre-consultation with GP who fits them to discuss what it entails & differences between Mirena & Copper (which I knew as Sis has had both), then see nurse for smears & swabs, now have to go back to have fitted & will have to return there again to have it removed. Truth be told, am thinking of cancelling appt as it so much hassle (9.10 in morning in neighbouring town & no childcare available is not a nice prospect :cry: ) but am then stuck with what to do for alternative. I mentioned hysterectomy to GP as poss contraception & he laughed telling me 'bit drastic' but in my mind it would be the answer I'm looking for, I have the 2 I'd always planned on having (DH has mentioned 3 as an absolute but I always saw myself with just 2) I don't know how I'd cope with another (though would prob manage if it did come about :? ).

DH hasn't been much help so far, sitting on the fence, asking what I want to do about it (am I sure, I need to be certain) stating he doesn't want the snip but he's not too fond of condoms either :roll: I'm going nuts, something I thought would be so simple to sort out is becoming my worst nightmare. To make matters worse we're still DTD as both of us have found renewed drive now both girls are sleeping better & it's not IF we screw up again it's WHEN (he's convinced himself it'll be fine because I'm BFing & Hannah was only conceived once I stopped BFing Samantha but I still have the nagging 25% figure of women falling pregnant whilst BFing). Ok, rant over, going to grab a coffee & try to sort out my damned appt once & for all (wish me luck)
  • Tigerlily, well I wouldn't recommend the coil (I had the copper One) But then I was that 1 in 10,000 or whatever it is that's goes wrong but most people would be fine on it. Kazzie I am two in two minds in what to do about contraception as hubby doesn't want anymore, but I insure.He is refusing to have the snip md I don't really want to go on the pill and I am breastfeeding so would have to be the mini pill nd I won't to be able to have periods.HUbbys words were he would rather have more than have the snip.if I was to have another i would want to wait until Oliver was a year old.x
  • Good luck with what you both decide.x
  • wow torch!

sounds like you are open to what might happen - you're a braver woman than me! I too am exclusively bf and have used it as an excuse to be a bit silly once or twice. Last week I actually felt convinced i was pregnant as felt sure i could feel early movements - felt sick about it - headed straight to boots and bought cbd and first response - both negative lol. Just kept thinking my god im due in august - again - my boss, mum and husband will all freak!

i was prescribed mini pill but have been putting off taking it as bf exclusively, LO not been sleeping through, and not keen on taking hormones again and transferring them to LO. also we don't bd much these days! However, we start solids this weekend, so may have to re think.

Sounds like you will be ok if its bfp but your imagination can run away with you, i was absolutely convinced! x
  • Kazzie - a hysterectomy is a huge op.

You also run the additional risk of things like osteoporosis etc as the oestrogen protects you against this.

You would likely need hrt if you didn't keep your ovaries. I'd just advise to o ahead with caution and read into the many side effects of this - not least of all major surgery to recover from.

• kazzie have to agree with tuliprose, they dont tend to do a hysterectomy as its massive surgery with lots of implications; what they do instead is sterilisation where they tie of your fallopian tubes, they tend to target women who've had obstetric problems that would make another pregnancy dangerous - and they deliver the final baby by csection and do it at the same time. It still involves a lot though and those women take longer to recover and are often in more pain. They wouldnt want to do this unless they were operating anyway - they would try and convince your OH to be sterilised as this is much less invasive, day surgery. And you've had the babies, so its only fair!

have you thought about the implant? I think they last 3 years so semi permanent, with nothing to have to think about.

and the 25% figure - really? Surely thats not 25% of all breast feeding women! x
  • I'm well aware of what hysterectomy involves as my sister-in-law had one at much the same time DD1 was born. I'm aware that there are differing types, what each type entails, how each operation would be performed & the effects I can expect. I'm also aware of Tubal Ties/Sterilisation as my mum had this. Implants & Depo I have not gotten on with in the past, which leaves me with limited options. DH doesn't want the 'snip' as he has heard the 'Horror stories' from friends who have had it, saying it's not pain free & will leave him in pain & discomfort for some weeks whilst he still goes to work to bring in our income. All I know now is I need to talk things through with GP to be more certain on my choice.

And yes, 1 in 4 women who BF will fall pregnant through unprotected sex (so HV & GP have told me)
  • any news Torch?

SB x
  • sounds like you know far more than me, sorry did not mean to sound like i was lecturing you! Was genuinely interested in the 1 in 4 statistic - that is quite scary.x
  • I always do my research so I know what I'm getting myself into image

So my plot has thickened, DH has now said that he is unhappy with my having coil/pill/any form of op but he doesn't want one either, he says condoms are unnatural & take away the pleasure :? so his solution - the 'Natural Family Planning' or 'Rythym' method, theory being I successfully used it to conceive so should have as much success using it not to conceive (according to NHS website as successful as other contraception if stick to rules image ) so there it is, I am now yet again going contraception free with the plan of making it work until I hit menopause (or DH says if we do fall with 3rd baby, elec c-sec with tubal tie). Think DH may change his mind once I start putting 'Rythym' into practice though as it'll mean playing things a lot more safely - you ovulate roughly 2weeks before your period is due, sperm can live inside you for upto 7 days once released, your most fertile in the week prior to ovulation but can still fall pregnant shortly after ovulation also (so by my calculations we'll be DTD once a month just before AF is due :lol: )