Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Weaning....where are we all at?

Hello. We have been weaning Abby for a few weeks now and getting on well. We have decided that now she is 6 months we would try baby led weaning and see how she gets on. She had toast for lunch today and loved it. She is trying carrot and sweet potato tonight. What are you guys doing?

Also, Abby can sit unaided now (still a little wobbly) she first did it 2 days before she turned 6 months and now she loves sitting up to play x

Replies

• We have tried Oliver on food but he doesn't seem bothered at the minute so going to leave it abut longer.Shes a clever girl sitting up, Oliver is lazy lol and can just roll onto his tummy and then normally cries and then pucks :lol: .x
  • Ollie has been on solids for a few weeks. He has solids three times and a day and loves his food!

I have tried offering him finger food as he is 6 months on saturday but he is so lazy that he prefers me feeding him yet everything else is instantly put into his mouth!!!

He can sit up on my lap but not on the floor and hasn't rolled over yet but i think he could if he tried as he twists his hips and is nearly over. He still hates tummy time but loves standing on his legs; giving a big grin as if to say look at me.

SB x
  • Hiya alfie has been having some first tastes for about 2 weeks, im trying to get him to drop his dinner time bottle so im slowly reducing his feed and upping his food and giving him water/ juice with his dinner.

He has porridge for breakfast.

Im finding it really stressfull as he feeds every 3 hours in the day, feels like im always feeding him.

Hope everybody is wellx
  • My wee man is getting fruit puree at breakfast and veg puree at lunch and loving it. He has been sitting up on his own for about 2 weeks now. He sits and plays with toys on the floor and can last about an hour! He can roll from his back to his front but struggles to do the reverse everytime.

Oh and he has his 2 bottom teeth, so cute!

cx
  • Hiya,Mia has been weaning for around a month now,shes been able to sit up for a few weeks and can commando crawl backwards but no rolling yet lol!

I've just started her on 3meals and she has 4 8oz bottles of hungry baby through the day as well. I was a bit worried that I'm overfeeding her but she was born a big girl and has just continued to grow lol!

Se is 6mnths this week so I'm starting to introduce meat dairy and bread.Today she had weetabix for brekkie and then at lunch greek yougurt with stewed apple mixed in. Then while we were eating I gave her a few mini rice cakes and a littlebit of toast with philly on her highchair tray and she gummed away at it :lol:

For dinner she will be having sweet potato, carrot and broccoli I made during the week and froze,and I might add chicken to it.I'm looking foward to giving her spag bol etc!