Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Advice please!

Hi ladies, quick question regarding poo and weaning! Ryan is 24 weeks on friday. I started him on solids last friday and he's been having one pureed veg meal a day. Previously he filled his nappy quite regularly, at least once a day anyway, but he's not had a poo since early monday morning. He is letting wind out that end though! Is this normal when starting solids?

Replies

• Options
    if you are worried i would give your health visitor a call. both of mine have always been good pooers! megan is now on solids and does 2 sometimes 3 poos a day - nice neat solid ones!
  • Options
    If you are only feeding the vegetable/meal purees it can slow down the bowel movements & see them become rather solid (LO may shed some tears with the first few of these as it will be new to them). If you try alternating between fruit & savory you should see a nice balance & more frequent movements. Hannah has half a jar of each per day & has at least one poo each day.