Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Yogurt??

What are you all giving your beautiful babies in the way of yogurts?

I was thinking of getting full fat plain yogurt and blending fruit puree through it. Would this freeze ok? And would it just be defrosted in the fridge and eaten straight away??

thanks

cx

Replies

• Hi Foofan,

I can't answer your question on freezing but I can tell you that i use the plum baby yogurts. They don't have any added sugar and are in baby sized pots. Ollie loves them!

SB x
  • Thanks for that sponge bobby, will try then!

cx
  • Oh I was wondering the same and looking at petit gillis but plum baby sounds better.

Cheers for posting.

What sort of foods are you introducing at the moment and how many weeks in ate you?
  • I've been weaning my wee man since he was about 5months. Started with a fruit puree at lunch for a few weeks and then moved that to breakfast and then a veg puree for lunch. He is only getting a wee yogurt at tea time just now, dont want him to have anything too hard to digest before bedtime just now.

I've been steaming apples, pears, peaches, apricots and making different combos of them.

And for veg, I've been steaming bags of mixed frozen veg, so much easier.

going to start making chicken and beef dinners soon.

cx
  • G/C but I give my dd petit filous because of the high calcium content. She isnt too good with milk so I feel it is good for her x
  • Hi Glitterbug,

I've been giving him petit filous and he loves them so much, the amount of sugar in them does concern me a bit but at the same time he does have to have some sugar in his diet or he might go crazy at a kids party when he gets it for the first time :lol::lol:

I do agree they are a great source of calcum.

Oh and cannot get the plum baby yogurts anywhere, they dont stock them in any stores near me even though they are listed as stocklists.

cx
  • Hi Foofan,

Don't know if this will interest you?

In the hipp jar range, 7+ months, you can get a duo of yogurt and fruit. It has yogurt on the top and fruit at the bottom. Oliver has tried them and he loves them! Plus because it is a jar you can use it for two days as long aas it is refridgerated. As far as I can see there is no added sugar.

SBx
  • Hiya, I give Mia full fat greek or natural yogurt with fruit puree through it. I don't freeze it though, he goes through the whole tub in a week lol! I haven't seen the plum yogurts, will look out for them!
  • Sorry jumping in but Tulip Mia has been weand since 5mnths as well and she has weetabix or ready brek for breakfast, fruit and yog for lunch them some kind of finger food like toast or rice cakes.For dinner she has modifiedfamily meals (no salt added) like stew, lasagne,spag bol,roast dinner or homemade veg soup with potato, or chicken with various veg image
  • They sound like a good idea sponge bobby, will be good for being out and about.

cx
  • We have Muller Little Stars. They do fromage frais, fruit yoghurt without the 'pieces' & fruit juice jellies all described as 'suitable for weaning' (though we haven't attempted jelly yet)
  • I would second the Mueller Little Stars - they only have something like 7 ingredients so not so full of rubbish. You can usually buy them on special offer or money-saving multipacks.

• Wow Fran! Sounds good.

How easy do you find it to modify family meals? Do you just make a little one on the side for Mia?

I tried to make Connor some bolognese at the same time as us but got in a muddle.

It was handy to be chopping the same veg etc for us all.

Perhaps I need to just feel more confident in my cooking skills image
  • I found smaller pots of natural yogurt 'yeo valley' 150g pots. they can be opened for 3 days. So I have now just been splitting the pot into 3 tubs and dropping a frozen fruit puree in it in the morning and its all melted by the time he gets it.

cx