Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Catch up??

Hey ladies, how is everybody doing?? image

I am loving being a mummy, Ryan is fabulous, so chilled out and everyone tells me how lucky I am to have such a good baby!

He has slept through from 6 months when I stopped night feeds, normally 6.30ish until 7am, bar the odd night when he has teething pain, plus 2 naps in the day. He is still breastfed 4 times a day, as well as 3 solid meals, and the odd snack (hungry boy!). Does really well with his food, although he prefers shop bought to my cooking image.

He isn't crawling, but gets about - now he get himself into sitting position from lying down he tends to just kind of roll / pull himself to where he wants to be then sit up. He can quickly get from one end of the room to the other with this method so can't take my eyes off him now! He's always trying to pull himself up into standing position, and can stand for a few seconds leaning on his walker, so think he will soon skip crawling altogether and just walk! He does not stop chattering either, and copies everything you do.

I love him so much, and have added some photos of him enjoying his first holiday, and first time in the sea recently.

Hope everyone else is doing well, and would love to see pics of how all our babies are growing up!

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j449/NatP13/IMG_1139.jpg

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j449/NatP13/IMG_1070.jpg

Replies

• Hi Tiger,

How is the TTC going?

Ollie is chilled out too unless he is poorly which he has been recently as he seems to be catching loads from nursery, The illness coincides with cutting teeth so his immunity must  drop.

Otherwise, he is a very happy baby and i love him to bits. He has slept through for a while and LOVES his food. He eats three meals a day with snacks inbetween and still has three bottles.

He can bum shuffle and roll but can't be bothered to crawl and can't pull himself into a sitting position. He chatters all day long except for when he is asleep which is usually twice a day.

We are hoping to move house and then will probably start TTC no 2 in the new year!

Will try and upload a picture...

SB x

• Hi ladies, glad to hear your LOs are doing well.

Hannah is a cheeky monkey, she can crawl but seems to prefer her 'sealion shuffle' as she can move faster across the floor this wayimage We are growing in confidence daily, capable of riding our rocking horse & pulling ourself into a standing position, now attempting to 'cruise'image (be still my beating heart) & with Samantha in the terrible twos I could seriously use another me at times to see to both girls at once.image

Hannah enjoys her food, she happily eats 3 meals daily with imbetween snacks/top ups.  We still have breastfeeds morning & evening but have mastered sippy cups during the day (attempting to drink out of big sisters cup when it is left upon the floor).  We are teething (seemingly lots at once, all bulging at the gumline) though have been very tolerant of this.

It is nice seeing the girls playing more together these days although mummy occasionally has to interveneimage (Samantha give teddy back to Hannah, Hannah don't pull Samantha's hair, it's unkind) they do enjoy each others company & show each other a lot of affection.  It's amazing to think that in another month we will be seeing the start of our LOs 1st birthdays upon the horizon.  image

• Hi SB, only on month 2, and only just had my first af since giving birth so keeping fingers crossed I will get lucky on my first real cycle! Would just love a small age gap.

Lovely to hear you're both doing well. Ryan has now started crawling! He did a few tentative movements over the weekend, and then today I put him down at one side of my bedroom and he whizzed across to the other! No stopping him now image

xxx

• Good luck with TTC Tiger, I started trying for Hannah when Samantha was 9mths & succeeded on Samantha's 1st birthday.  Hopefully you won't have too long to wait until BFP arrives, keeping all crossed for you.

• Arrgghhh!!!! We've reached the cruising/climbing stage.  Hannah is literally pulling herself up on whatever/whoever is within reach & trying to walk about.  I'd laugh if I wasn't constantly having to play catch as she lets go expecting to run off after her sister but instead tumbling back onto her bottom.  We're also climbing onto sofas & then trying to climb down the same way (headfirst).  I'm sure Samantha wasn't this adventurous, Hannah is everywhereimage

• Sounds like fun Kazzie! Ryan is pulling himself up on things, but not cruising just yet! And I know you've seen my good news, but just to let you know SB - we're having number 2! Only a few weeks gone so due late March, and already over excited. Gonna be great fun having 2 under 2! Might be picking your brain for advice Kazzie!

Also - where has everybody gone? Seen no sign of most of our DIS group for ages.

xxx

• Eek, don't know whether you've seen Tiger but you've another of our Sept mummies with you in DIM.  Could this be the start of more siblings?image