Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

One year on

So the time has arrived, those 1st birthdays have started & I can't help but wonder how quickly they have arrived.  It seems only yesterday we were sat here eagerly awaiting those BAs & now here we all are nearing 1yr old.

All our 1yr olds will have had their own journey reaching 1, some will be crawling, some will be walking, some will have many teeth whilst others still cutting those first few but all of them are truly awe inspiring LOs.

So a very big congratulations to those already turned 1, to those about to turn 1 & an even bigger congratulations to those set to become big bros/sisters next year.  Now I'm getting broody so I'm going for a cuppa image

Replies

• Options

ah, my lo was 21st august so am g/c. he just turned one - it was magic. he had so many toys but nothing was better than his happy 1st birthday helium baloon!! He is confident standing and has stood alone and wobbled a few times, but not taken any steps. he is also a mean crawler but only has 3 teeth and didnt have a single one until ten months. I posted a similar post on BIA but no one goes on it now!

happy birthday to your LO - when is her birthday and what is she doing now? Im not broody yet! feel like a should be sometimes! Will you have a third? x

• Options

Hi Alfie,

We've no plans for a 3rd having always pictured ourselves with only 2 (in part owing to most family hols/attractions being geared for 2adults/2kids) & truly don't know how we'd feel if I were to suddenly find myself expecting again (I have dreamed but usually end up handing baby over to very close friends without any children which has made me wonder whether I could be a surrogate, doubt that also).

Hannah isn't 1 until 17/09 but has already come a long way.  She is a very confident young lady learning fast of her big sis & is already a master at climbing stairs, opening drawers/cupboards, speedy crawler, tentative walker (though rather more speedy with something/someone to hold on to) & has 4 teeth (enjoying more of our food than us as she steels from our plates).  Her lovely big eyes & super cheeky grin melt any heart so she gets away with quite a lot (mummy needs to get more strict).

• Options
    Hi

Ladies, well I can't believe how quick

This year has gone, so is here anyone expecting again? Oliver isn't one unill the 12 th. but I can say he is my lazy baby as he can sit up, roll and just about army crawl but I am not rushing him as I want him to stay a baby asking as possible

Lol! So how is everyone getting on? I will try and put some

Pictures up after his bay but I only have my

Phone as my laptop broke and not sure how to upload from and iPhone. I would

Love to have another baby but I think it's the end for us but would never say never, me and my husband have been through a lot since getting back from

Oz so need to work

On that before we decide.xxxx
  • Options

Hello!  Its nice to hear from you all!image

My little boy turns 1 on monday and we are looking forward to a BBQ with family and a trip to the zoo next week.

He's a cheeky chappy but very kind natured, often sharing his food and toys.  He has been at nursery part time for 2 months now and I've settled back into work part time.

He loves to race crawling and is pulling up and beginning to cost more.  Very impressed with his new skills!  He had a tooth from 5 months - Mummy wasn't so excited as I was still bf!  And he now has 7 all together.  He definitely seems to be more of a sociable baby and less physical and I love seeing how different they all are.  It keeps it interesting.

As for other babies...

we are still finding it tough to get over the birth and OC diagnosis but getting there.  I understand now it wasn't my fault but I am still very wary of what a 2nd pregnancy would do to us in terms of worry and extra monitoring.  Next time would afect our little boy too so I think for now we are so happy to enjoy our baby boy and maybe in a year or more we will think about it again.

If we do have another it will be the last so I almost don't want to waste it too soon too.

Glad to hear everyone else is well.

Happy birthday to all of our Sept 11 babies!!!  image

• Options

Happy Birthday to all our September '11 babies! Can't believe it's gone so quickly. This day last year was Ryan's due date! He kept us waiting though so we will be celebrating his birthday next sunday, along with his christening.

He is the best boy ever, my cheeky little monkey. He never stops chatting, his first word being dog (we have 2). Daddy teaches him very un-useful words/sounds like 'boom' which he learnt the other day!

He walkes pushing a walker and does lots of coasting, but not quite managed to stand unaided just yet, don't think it will be long though, as he is rarely off his feet! He is also a master crawler.

I started back at work last saturday. Just doing 13 hours a week, and moved location so i can now walk to work! Daddy has him when i'm working which was the only way i would have gone back, and after a full day together on friday my hubby actually said he couldn't do it all the time! Welcome to my world of the last year, glad he finally realises! image

We also have number 2 on the way, we both wanted a small age gap as there is a large gap between ourselves and our siblings, which we both wish was closer. So we started trying when Ryan was 9 months and amazingly it happened straight away. Got my 12 week scan next week so just hope everything goes ok, and we're due at the end of March. Think Ryan will be a fab big brother!

Lovely to hear everyones news!

xxx

• Options

hi ladies

tuliprose i didnt have the bad time you did, but is still struggle at the thought of another, one has felt like the most colossal life change and that feeling of being on a road of no return has felt quite overwhelming at times! My LO is the love of my life and have no regrets of course, but im well aware it would be overwhelming to realise we were on course for a second, with no option but to do it! lol! I also feel it would be a very different life for all of us if lo was an only child but like you cant see us adapting to ttc in the next year and we need to move house also. we might be in the same DI group next time, maybe!image

tigerlilly how lovely to have a LO that can talk! we've yet to get there with words but this last week he is getting much stronger at walking. not my little baby anymore, sob! nice to hear how you are all getting on x

• Options

Haha, Alfie, i wouldn't really say he's talking as such, it's more a constant stream of babble, but he does have a few words. He says dog when he sees one, which is very cute when we're out on a walk, and he's finally saying mama and dada at the right people instead of just anyone. He's always been a good mimic though, my mum's always said he'll be an early talker, so you can get him to sound out a lot of things!

xxx

• Options
    Bless sounds like there all soon well, Oliver has 6 teeth and yes had but me a few times during feeding, but he has moved to my arm

Now so not as painful. He still bf as cows milk doesn't agree with h so waiting for the referral to go through wanted to wean around but at least I now he fine onmy milk. Oliver has afantastic birthday and was

Spoilt. He can wave, high five and clap which he has learnt since his birthday as his leg go when he does it, so funny and cute.x
  • Options

Well Hannah officially turned 1 yesterday & we're now dancing, very cute head banging & swaying away to tunes she likes (although DH annoyed that her favourite seems to be an advert for a scooter, she instantly stops what she's doing to bop along when she hears it image) she's such a cutie with her cheeky grin.

• Options

It is really lovely to hear everyone's news.

Alfie - I think its best to give it time re a 2nd and just be happy enjoying our little ones.  Sometimes its easy to feel pressured because family ask about no. 2 or friends you were pregnant with this time move on to their next but I feel its more important to take it at yur own pace.

A year is a long time in terms of working through things and adjusting.

I think with your 2nd although it is still very full on again I wonder if knowing that it all gets better is a comfort.  You know you survived once and will again I suppose.

I really understand what you mean in terms of adjusting.  You feel that your old life has just evaporated and you are starting to live this new life with new rules and no experience whereas your old life you tried for quite a while! image