Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Terrible Twos

Well everything I ever said about my poor Samantha with 'terrible twos' I now take back.  Hannah is much, much worse, she's a right 'mare'.  The cheeky little monkey is just so darn persistant with it all - 'If I do it often enough, Mummy & Daddy WILL change their minds' erm, NO Hannah....

If that wasn't enough the little minx has also started the 'panto' answering back 'That wasn't very kind to Mummy was it', 'Yes it was', 'No it wasn't', 'Yes it was'....with the 'Butter wouldn't melt in mouth' face to go with it.

We know when we're being told off, first comes the pout & then the full blown protest strop (there are no tears just attitude) which she has to ensure everybody in the household is aware of (hunting down family members to make certain).  My one saving grace so far is she calms down quicker than her sister used to but my word....

I don't want to wish away my time with her but the sooner we're through the 'terrible twos' the better.  Hope all other Sept 11 toddlers are doing ok.

Replies

• Options

Sending you sympathies!

Ive just invested in the Supernanny 'confident toddler care' book as I can feel DS getting into that phase.  Last night he started slapping my face because he was fed up of being put into PJs.

I think they are now old enough to start understanding what they can and can't do  - maybe not the reasoing just yet.

Can you adapt to 'that wasn't very nice for Mummy'  - leave out the questionimage

Hugs!

• Options

Aww bless, well oliver hasnt got to thats stage yet and nor is he walking yet!! I am sure i will know when he is. My other two had there 'terrible two's' around his age. He does smile at me and awww mum mum, witha cuddle if i say no to him but thats it.xx