Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How is everyone getting on?

Hi all so how are all the born in sept 11 mums getting on. i dont get on here very much, with three children it is very busy in our house. Oliver is currently under addenbrooks hospital in Cambridge as he has been diagnosed with severe gord ( gastro-oesohgas-reflux-disease) He had to had a camera down his thoat to offically say it was. He has a appointment on tuesday to sort an operation via the stomach. i am glad that he is getting sorted but also a bit scared but i know he is good hands. He has had a general before but doesnt stop you worrying. Anyway on a better note i have sold my house so we are going to rent were we want to be and hopefully it will be near the school we want to the children to go to. Hope everyone is well.xx

Replies

• Options

Hi Candimum,

Wow, you're being kept busy.  It's never easy, knowing something isn't right with our LOs & having to go through the procedures to correct it.

Both my girls are keeping me busy, Samantha is due a 'feedback' session on Tuesday following several months of assessments under our local paediatric team for Autism (they say they have enough to draw a diagnosis so we shall see what they say) & both Samantha & Hannah are due to see musculoskeletal at the end of the month for Hypermobility (which runs in all the women in my family) as they are walking 'pigeon-toed' & Hannah especially may need corrective splints/footwear.

I am nervous about learning Samantha's diagnosis as she is 4 this December & we need to start looking at possible schools for her but (depending upon her diagnosis) I may also need to consider the SENCO support available at the schools.

I have started trying to potty train which so far hasn't gone brill, Samantha loves sitting on her potty but as shes not talking yet she doesn't tell us when she needs it & often after sitting on it for 5mins she decides to get up & walk away & 'whoops' whilst Hannah only likes sitting on the potty fully clothed (pull her trousers down & she screams blue murder).  Decided to leave a few days & try again.

Hope all other families are doing well.  Catch up with you all soon. XXX

• Options

Oh wow, so you have a lot going on aswell then. We as I expected he is going to have our operation and will have to stay in 72 hrs post op, interesting with two children and the hospital just under an hour to get there. They said there more risk him not having it than to have it, so that madouter mind up. Oliver can't walk yet so I think I have a while before we think about potty training,lol! hate, Hate that bit!! I really hope all goes well with both of your girls.xx

• Options

Sorry about all the mistakes on my iPhones and it keeps changing my words.x

• Options

Well potty training has been kicked out again, Samantha has now started confusing potty with a 'ride on' toy & Hannah just doesn't seem ready enough yet (she's aware she's having a wee/poo but isn't willing to 'sit on potty/toilet' just yet) so will try again later.

Samantha has confirmed diagnosis of Autism so I now have another string of appointments meeting all Educational Support team looking at her learning needs for her last year at nursery & what schooling options we have as we need to put forward our choices in 6mths time.  Just over a week until we see musculoskeletal & I expect even more strings of tests/appointments to confirm they are both hypermobile & if they are it will then be trips to physio/occupational therapy/gym/ballet to try & help manage it.  All great fun but fortunately I can walk to most of my appointments as I'm pretty much central to both hospitals & GP surgery so I can't complain too much on that front.

Hope all goes well with Oliver.  Best wishes.

• Options

Hi

just wanted to say wow! You guys are amazing mums. 

I hope the surgery goes wells CandiMum. I am sure it is worse for you watching than for Oliver. I had a surgeu aged five and barely any memory so I'm sure he won't remember a thing. 

Kazzie I wij you luck with tour girls. I a hope that being diagnosed age4 will mean you have all the support in place.

thinking of you both x

• Options

Hi all, well Oliver ended up staying in for nearly 3 weeks!! the nissans fundolopication went well but Oliver didn't react well to the general and ended up with severe chest infection and was So close to going on a breathing machine on intensive care but instead I held his oxygen over him all night and it seemed to help and had 15 min obs. Then his stomach wouldn't work so had a neck line in him to give him food into a vein, but because they can only stay in for a short while it started to get red so had to had a gastrosomy as his stomach wasn't reacting to treatment and he couldn't keep a ng tube in as he was so swollen. He then had to have Hickman line which is a line into the artery near his collar bone to feed himas they can be left in a long time time. So in total he had 4 generals but went the picu as he got really ill after the 3rd general. we got out after 18/19 days and I stayed the whole time part from when he was on picu. He is sti to have another op to remove the hican line and muscle biopsies, as they think he was born with a blood condition that want pickled up so we are waiting on the results but they said it could explain why he isn't walking and and delayeonion other areas its been so hard abit hopefully now he's on his way to getting better. Sorry to vent on here need to geprint out xx