Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Who have you guys told?

Hello ladies

Was just wondering who have you told and your plans to tell people do you wait the 12 weeks?

We didn't on the previous 2 although my dh wanted too as this is a surprise he wants to wait the full 12 weeks before telling anyone! I don't mind but it's really hard I look ill and tired already, and feeling really poo today so trying to hide it is hard spesh as I see both families more during the weeks.

Xx

Replies

• Options
    We've told my mum and step-dad, mil, sil, my gran and my best friend. Other than that we are keeping it quiet until after the scan. We told everyone straight away with our first 2 but my sister had 3 mc's towards the end of last year and is desperate for her 4th which is why we are keeping it quiet this time. xx
  • Options
    no one yet , we are waiting til 6 weeks as i had an mc at 6 weeks before i had my DS so we have a mental block about 6 weeks !!

will tell family then and ill prob tell some friends , i waited til 12 weeks the first time but dont think i can this time !! xx
  • Options
    We have told my parents, brother and his gf only because we saw them on Christmas day so it would have been obvious because I wasn't drinking alcohol. Only other person I have told is my best friend who is more like a sister to me anyway? We are waiting at least 12 weeks before we tell anyone else. But might be even longer than that. When is the latest you can tell your employer without jeopardising your maternity entitlement? Is it 15 weeks before your due date?
  • Options
    I have now known for 5 days that I'm pregnant, and have managed to not tell anyone! I was hopeless with both my previous pregnancies. The first time, which sadly ended with a mc at 12 weeks, I told loads of people, I just couldn't keep it in. Wasn't quite so bad last time, with my dd, but told a few, then by 8 weeks it was so blatantly obvious as I was so sick, the whole world guessed.

Dh doesn't think I'll last, so want to prove him wrong! :lol: One half of me is desperate to tell people, especially friends who are pregnant, but the other half of me quite likes it being our little secret.
  • Options
    This morning I caved! I was talking to friend who is 20 weeks pg, and she has her scan tomorrow, and was talking about everything baby. I just though "oh stuff it" and told her. :lol:
  • Options
    Hey ladies,

This is probably going to sound a little funny, but i didn't really want many people to know until I was properly showing and that was at five months. (I know a long time)

I and hubby decided to tell my parents after we had the 12 week scan and we showed them the pic which was nice. To be honest I think will be be doing the samething this time round, if anyone asks me or suspects I will tell them (if its after the 12 week mark) but I will not be shouting the roof down that I'm expecting - even though i would love to i just think it makes things less complicated if you know what I mean.

• Options
    Hi, we will not be telling anyone this time until we have the pictures from our 12 week scan. We did tell our families as soon as we found out with my other babies but this time are keeping quiet until 12 weeks. Well that's the plan anyway :lol:
  • Options
    i will not be telling anyone till i am 12 weeks PG and i will not be finding out what it is either its all going to come as a suprise
  • Options
    we've told hubbies parents, and a couple of close friends. Haven't seen my parents yet but will tell them when we do. I figure if something goes wrong we'll probably want support from those closest to us rather than trying to pretend everything's OK and nothing ever happened. When i was pregnant with DD I spoke to my mum very early and she then revealed she had had 2 mc, but no one knew and it was very tough. Before the days of support from internet forums...

But other than that I'll wait till I'm obviously showing as well! The 12 week scan can be a great reassurance that the baby is there but it doesn't mean you're home clear and things can still go wrong after that unfortunately. Sorry if that sounds so negative, just have known several people who were so happy after the 12 week scan only to find massive problems further down the line :cry:

xx
  • Options
    well me and my O/H have changed our minds on telling our family as we were due to go on holiday next sept but we need to do jobs around the house and since this is our 4th child he need to start driving as its getting harder to get around so all the money that was going towards the holiday now need to go towards a car and driving lessons so we are telling them next week
  • Options
    I really really want to keep it a secret until 12 wks but I'm useless! I've known I'm pregnant for 4 days and I'm almost bursting wanting to tell someone!! Hubby doesn't think I'll last but I am determined. Would just love to show our parents a pic when telling them x
  • Options
    So far only told the girls I met on here from when pg with my son as we are all very close and chat on FB all day everyday and they are a fab support network.

Part of me wants to tell my family and the inlaws but i'm really worried about their reaction to me having a third and so soon after my son so I doubt we'll tell anyone until 12 weeks.