Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Any bleeding?

I have had a very light amount of bleeding this week...I will be 6 wks gone on Friday. Was just wondering whether any one else has had the same? It's my first...so I haven't a clue what I'm doing or what to expect! I have a scan booked at the EPU on Friday just to put my mind at rest

Replies

• Hey Vixswift, it's most likely to be implantation bleeding, this occurs when the fertilized egg attaches itself to the lining of the womb, it's a good thing and means you are on your way to having a sticky bean.

Hope your doing well?
  • Thanks Giftuk1! I thought I'd had my implantation bleeding at around the 4 wk mark, 11 days after fertilisation (nearly confused it for a period, but then did tests and realised I was pregnant!)...is it possible to get implantation bleeding more than once do you know?
  • I'm not sure be honest, I haven't had mine yet and I remember getting it around the 6th week with my daughter.

I know that some women spot throughout pregnancy, but if you are unsure please see your GP.
  • I wouldn't worry too much about it hun. I had a small bleed with my 1st and none with my 2nd. My sister however has had bleeds all the way through all 3 of her pregnancies. As long as it isn't bright red with a lot of pain you should be fine. It is best to get checked if it's worrying you though, if for nothing else but to ease your mind xx
  • Hi, G/C from DIM, i had 2 small bleeds at the beginning, 1 at 4 weeks when i found out i was pregnant and one at 6 weeks, sorry if TMI but is it sort of brownish blood? as mine was and as long as it is not bright red and you are not getting pain with it as mummy2liam said you should be fine. i double checked with my Dr as this is my first too so really worried me and she just said exactly the same as above and if it got heavy then to go in, thankfully it was just normal spotting.