Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2012

hi and advice please!

HI, I'm tentatively stepping into this group as I've just found out I'm nearly 5 weeks pregnant with my second! Still can't believe it and need the next few weeks to fly by! Finding it so hard not to tell people this time round. My worry is I play netball but haven't had a game or done much exercise since beginning of Dec. We've got games comin up and I'm wondering if I should play or not? Please help with excuses if not! Thankyou.

Replies

• Hello! Welcome and Congratulations. I'm not clued up on the game of netball but from what I know you should be ok. If it was a sport like rugby or even football where you would be likely to get knocked over or shoved I would say stop playing. As long as your last pregnancy was complication free you will be fine to keep playing as exercise is good.

If there is the likelihood of someone running into you (as I said I'm not sure about the rules of the game) I would give it a miss. You could have a quiet word with your coach asking him/her to keep your confidence or feign a sprained ankle, put a tuby-grip on (just remember to limp on the right foot though ;p) xx
  • I agree it might be worth having a word in confidence with your coach / captain. Like mummy2liam says if you're not going to get run into it should be OK (I'm not sure of the rules either lol!), but also when you're pg you're more at risk of injury from over stretching ligaments so if you've not been playing much recently maybe bear that in mind? xxx
  • My mum plays netball and I would say no if the teams you play against are anything like the teams she plays against...if there is a chance a huge stocky women could land and nearly knock you over or whack into you in anyway then I would put your baby first and not risk it x
  • Ha ha. Yes it can be quite physical. Thanks for your help, think it's not worth the risk and I'd be too wary anyway so probably let team down. x