Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Sept 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Where to go abroad with a baby?

Hello, I wondered if anyone can suggest or recommend the ideal time to take a baby abroad and where to go.

Our baby is currently 9 weeks old and bottle fed, we don't intend on going away till maybe late May when he'll be 7 months.

I don't know where to go or how to keep him in the shade all day will he have to be in his pram most of the time?

I also keep thinking if we take his current pram if it breaks in transit his other connections like carry cot and car seat won't connect so should we buy another pram just for holiday?

Should we go in hotel or villa?

Will I need to take baby food? or could he eat what we eat cut up? (that might be a really stupid thing to say but i'm not up to that stage yet)

Any advice, tips would be really helpful.

Replies

• Options
    i am not sure where to go but if you go maybe a hotel might be best as there might be other mum's there to chat to but if you perfur to go to a villa to see no one it depends on what you like really there is some pustchairs out there that have UV light protector on it not to expencive i never take a pushchair that is to heavy as they just throw it about you can keep it with you till you get on the plane and yes you will need to keep him covered so if you plan on going to the pool all the time try to get the most shade for the day if going out i would say keep a hat on at all times and i would let him out of the pushchair as they will get really fussy there is some websites out there for taking childen on holiday i don't have the links anymore but google holidays with children/toddlers/babys there is loads of help out there there was some advice that i remember if he has a fave toy hide it a week before so when you come to entertain him he will find it more playable if you get what i mean take books with you and a juice cup full of his fave drink just becareful when going to the airport that the drink is something you like as they ask you to taste it for babys think thats it if not i will add good luck