Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

booking in appointment

I've not heard anything yet, went to see my doctor two weeks ago and he told me to ask the receptionist to write me in in the midwife's diary....I was then told she'd call to make an appointment for when I was about 8 weeks pregnant, which is tomorrow :roll:

Should I contact them or learn to be patient and wait? :lol:

xx

Replies

• Hey Cherries023,

When it comes to our babies there is no 'being patient' if I were you I would give them a call as the receptionist may have even made a mistake and not noted it down for you, hence the reason you have not received a call.

You will not seem like a nagging person she will just realise that you are a concerned mum to be. image
  • Hi Cherries, if in doubt give them a call. My midwife phoned me up to introduce herself and arrange a time for me to come in. Not sure how it varies elsewhere though
  • I think it varies loads between areas what happens but I would give them a call just to make sure there hasn't been a mistake somewhere xx
  • I would give them a call hun. I've always seen my midwife before my first scan. Just phone and double check. x
  • It varies hugely from place to place.

I lived 8 miles from here in my last pregnancy, but in a different authority, and already I can see differences in how it all works.

Give them a ring, then at least you'll know what's happening.
  • still not heard a sausage so im gonna start pestering tomorrow :lol: xx
  • let us know how you get on!!