Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2012

Had my booking appointment

It was a bit early but my mw is going away so wanted to fit me in before.

It was at my local birthing centre. I was asked various questions about my health etc. told which foods to avoid and which foods are good. She said to eat lots of carbs and to make sure I eat foods rich in iron like brocollie. You get given your own set of notes that come in an a4 tabbed pad. The midwife fills it in each time you see her as your pregnancy progresses. I had a sample of blood taken and it was to test things like my iron levels, for HIV, rubella immunity etc. I was also told what will happen as my pregnancy progresses, which scans I get etc. I was pleased to find out I will get the combined Nuchal scan at 12 weeks as I int thing I would get this through my pct but I am on the border so I think tht must be why. The mw told me yes I can do. Birthing plan but it only becomes relevant at 36 week.

I told her I want a water birth if possible. I m a bit nervous that it is a birthing centre. I was told that epidural will not be available. Just gas and air!!!!!! Although that is a long way away yet.

I thought this might be useful for anyone who I waiting for their appointment and is wondering what to expect

Replies

• Oh I forgot t mention. You will also get given what they call a 'bounty pack'. It entitles you to claim various freebies at different stages of your pregnancy and after you have given birth!
  • Hey Brandnewwifey, that all sound about right, did you also get a white and green form which entitles you to free dentist appointments and free prescriptions up until pregnancy and until your baby in a year old. My GP gave me the form to fill in today , so make your you get that hun. By the way how did you add the ticker below, I had made mine but don't know how to add to signature, please help. lol
  • Hi giftuk,

Yes I got the dental and prescription form. The only thing is that I'm registered with a private dentist so I'm not sure if that counts. Do you know?

The ticker is from lillipie. You copy the code and then need to add it to your profile. Only thing is I can't remember which particular code it was. I found out by typing a search in the BE boards and looked at a previous post aking the sme thing, sorry I'm not much help.
  • Sounds like a nice appointment bnw image

Giftuk go to lilypie.com (or baby gaga or there are others as well) to make your ticker, then select the BB code (not html or image) then paste that in your signature, should work

xx
  • you need to use the BB code for this site

http://www.pregnology.com/preggoticker80/33FF99/6600FF/My%20pregnancy/09/19/2012.png

Make a pregnancy ticker