Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2012

I'm high risk!!

I got an appointment through this week for early March with the Obstetrics High Risk Team!

My dd was born by emergency section at 30+3 due to sudden and severe pre-eclampsia. At my post-natal check the consultant said that I have a 30-40% chance of developing pre-eclampsia again, but that it would probably be later and less severe, but I am still classed as high risk. So I'm likely to be up and down like a yo-yo to the hospital in Oxford. Of course I'm grateful that they're keeping an extra close eye on me this time, but regular appointments at the hospital with a 2 year old in tow does not fill me with great excitement!! :roll:

Replies

• Oh hun, what a nightmare but good at the same time. Will there be anyone available to either baby-sit for appointments or to go with you and sit with lo? x
  • ah at least they are gonna keep an a close eye on you , fingers crossed all goes ok !! i bet they have tons of toys for a 2 year old to play with image xx
  • At leastu know your in good hands although a pain! I was high risk with ds2 (also this time round) and was in the same situation dragging a 2 year old up the hospital

And I have to say my iPhone was a god send!!!! Download Madagascar and Disney program's to keep him entertained xx
  • My first appointment is at 8:45 am, which means I will have to be out the house at around 7:45am. I just told dh he would have to stay home from work that day to babysit!! I do have friends who can babysit for me, it just depends what time the appointments are, but I will be taking her with me as little as possible, especially if I'm still feeling as ill as I am now!
  • I'm high risk too after having a c section and blood pressure problems last time. I'm lucky though because my parents are my childcare and so will have my son for any appointments. It's all worth it though to make sure things are as safe as possible for you and baby. Can you request with the hospital for appointments to be in the afternoon or whenever suits you better? They might be able to help hopefully.
  • I'm hoping that I won't need to go up too often. If it's just to check my urine and blood pressure, surely my midwife can do that?? We'll see what they say at my first appointment. You're lucky having your parents nearby purple_tulip. Mine are 2 hours away, in-laws are 600 miles away!