Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2012

Constipation...

Anyone else suffering?? :roll:

I've been prescribed lactulose (apparently we're not allowed anything else during pregnancy?) which is vile. It's had no effect yet, so the tummy cramps continue image it has however gave me terrible wind!!

Anyone found anything that helps?

Cherries 15 weeks and 6 days -gosh its going fast!! image xx

Replies

• In prev pregnancies was constipated t h I find it hard to go anyway lol but used lactolose I found it really good but I foud it can take 24 hours to kick in as there not much too it I took more than I Gould have at first thinking it was working and then the next day woah sorry if tmi did find it gave bad wind and also found my tummy was sore once it had worked but figured it was just because your being emptied lol hope it starts working soon! Xx
  • I am lactulose queen! It does take time to build up!! Make sure you are drinking loads of water too!! Hope things starting soon
  • loads of water has always done the trick for me. You could always try prune juice if you can stomach it?? xx
  • thanks ladies. I've been taking it since last Wednesday and so far have had 1 result...not great, but better than nothing.

Think I need to be drinking more water rather than t :roll:

xxx