Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Sept 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Faint and dizzy

Hi ladies,

Was just after some advice really, I have been sent home from work today as I nearly fainted and feel really dizzy when I stand for too long. I had eaten breakfast this morning and even had a piece of chocolate cake 10 minutes before feeling faint so don't think it was because of low blood sugar. Should I be concerned and phone the midwife or just see how I feel tomorrow as never had it up to this point.

Currently sat on the sofa doing nothing under strict order from my work 'mummies' and my husband.

Anyone else had this? I am 15 + 4 weeks

Thanks for any ideas

Replies

• See how you feel today hun. If you still feel even slightly dizzy phone the midwife. Could be low iron and you need iron tabs.

It is quite normal in pregnancy as your uterus pushes on the blood vessels which causes dizziness.

If you are at all worried though, phone your midwife if for nothing else than peace of mind. She may want to do blood tests xx
  • How you feeling now hun?

With my last preg I felt dizzy when the quickening happened think I'm right in thinking when you can start to feel the baby move?

Did you get checked out in the end?? Xxx
  • How are you feeling now hun?

I used to become quite dizzy in my last pregnancy, never did find out why but i found taking everything slowly a big help.

Hope you are feeling better now xx