Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

13+ weeks and feeling fat... :(

Hiya ladies, before i fell pregnant i was a size 14-16 and now at 13+ weeks i just feel so bloated and fat. My face feels to have really filled out and my stomach looks huge! Ive always had a fattish tummy- so its hard to say what may be baby and whats me lol

People keep looking at me as though im getting huge but feel awful thinking eeek thats not baby its me and my fat stomach.

Im very excited and happy to be pregnant but am not coping very well with the body issues im having image

xx

Replies

• Options
    oh hun, dont worry too much, i found i was so bloated during 1st trimester and a bit into the 2nd. it can go away and you'll feel a bit better soon xx
  • Options
    Oh hun, I hope you feel better soon. I've found I've been quite bloated this time round, it comes and goes so one day I look huge and the next hardly notice any difference xx
  • Options
    I'm he same as you and also dint get a chance to loose prev baby weight -- but have to say the you have more bloated days through the whole pregnancy and times were you bigger for a week and then smaller well I found that anyway lol it sucks and mostly hormones arnt helping emotions - it drives my husband mad when I moan about my weight and he just says your beautiful and btw your pregnant you silly moo! Lol

Just think of it as a tribute to having a baby you get bigger an a moonface as I call it, stretch marks, and fat feet! But it's all for the baby just and when celebs seem to have these neat bps and loose weight 2 weeks after makes you feel so crap! But we would all be like that with personal trainers and chiefs and babysitters given us time to look after ourselves..... Woah went into a rant there

But you are a beau pregnant lady, everyone carries different at every preg, think f**k it and own it image you are doing the hardest thing in the world and growing a human being

Keep your chin up xxxxxxxx