Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Flippin pelvis

Hi girls!

Hope you are all well and growing nicely!

Just thought i would firstly come on and say hi and secondly have a moan.... I had SPD with my first and think its starting already with this one. My pelvis is clicking. yuk!

Anyone got any ideas of how to help this?

Replies

• Options

Hey VixV

Did you get any halep last time physio wise? I had this with prev preg and it started kicking in couple months ago for this one, i have been refered to the physio at the hospital although they cant do alot they show you exersizes to do and how to manage it better (although sometimes it just flares up!) lol I have a belt which i dont find greatly helpfull but use and locking your pelvis when you move etc otherwise pushing hsopping trolleys, hoovering and sweeping are massive NO NO's when it hurts rest and during the days dont over do it!

It sucks tho! I sympathise with you completely!

xx 20+3

• Options

Hey.  I don't have any advice as I've never suffered with it but didn't want to read and run.  Perhaps a chiropractor could help?  If I have any trouble with joints, bones etc I head along to my chiro especially when pregnant and they have always been wonderful xx

• Options

I had one of the belts and like mumma22beauboys found it didnt help. I think I remember most of what to do to help. Genrally keeping my legs together helped last time lol. xx

• Options
    I've got the same & am just following the advice I was given last time. Well except the "rest as much as possible" part, not sure how to do that with a 3 year old potty training & an 11 month old whose constantly up to mischief. I am a bit worried that it's started so early in the pg that by the end I'll be immobile. You should see a physio to check it is still spd & get some help & advice.
  • Options
    Lambchop80 I hate it when they say that rest as much as possible! And don't do normal things like shopping I have to say I do not follow my own advise sometimes shopping cant wait till the dh gets home or weekend and the se as you I have a 3 ur old and a 8 month old who is crawling and walking the furniture they are both very cheeky and trying my patients I was told not to pick my lo up but sorry that's not gonna happen! Oh I just remembered the physio also advised about the pain in the crotch area to put an ice pack on it obv wrapped in a t towel that might help I haven't web bothered to do that yet soni don't know id it helps? Xx
  • Options

Tell me about it! I feel your pain I am trying to potty train Charlie he is 21 months. Ahhhhhh! x

• Options
    I was also told not to pick Thomas up or bend over too far, so I'm assuming by this advice they want me to what just throw Thomas in his cot!!! And what, get him to climb 3ft into his highchair!! Honestly the advice is insane!!
  • Options

Lol. Hubby keeps telling me to be carefull every time I pick charlie up its sweet that he cares but really I have to pick my son up.... x