Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Aug 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Think I maybe leaving you :(

Woke up at 4am on Friday morning and was bleeding image was rather heavy and stopped after a bit went up to gynae ward as epu was closed for crimbo had a scan which showed a 5 week sac no foetal pole which is usual at that age she said I either had my dates wrong or it had stopped growing when I talked about dates etc with her we came to conclusion that I was actually wrong with dates and she said everything looked good at to come back Friday for another scan had another small bleed yesterday afternoon pretty much started and stopped withing the hour but today have been bleeding most of day like Af but super mild cramps every now and then called up she said no need come in unless pain was bad and/or clots I said should I cancel scan Friday she said no as because no clots pain etc things can still be ok although I'm not feeling at all positive anymore

Replies

• I Throughout my pregancy with my son and had one very heavy bleed at 6 weeks which I was sure was mc, was scanned a few days later and was amazed to see a HB. Good luck to you.
  • I had a couple bleeds through my pregnancyt with my son and it was horrible. I wish you the best of luck and hope everything is ok with your baby, Try not to worry too much though as everything might be ok and you could make yourself ill which wouldnt be good for you or baby xx

• fingers crossed for you chick, i had bleeding with both my girls and they are both very much here. ive just had a little bit of bleeding with this pregnancy too im 6 weeks now and im trying to keep calm about it as i know its normal for me

really hope all is ok chick xxx

• Thanks ladies only time I've ever bled was with my previous miscarriages trying to keep my self busy so don't think too much about it meant to be back at work on we'd but taking rest week off and just sobbing about being looked after by oh x
  • Aww huge hugs hun really hoping alls ok for you and bean. Have everything crossed for you x xx

• Really sorry to hear that! I've had 2 scans with this baby so far due to bleeding. I bled with dd1 too, but also had a mc before her so its so worrying!! There can be lots of causes for bleeding, fingers crossed yours is nothing serious!

Best of luck xx
  • Ivehad 3 previouse mc and they have all started with bleeding think that's why I can't try to be positive I have backache like when Af is here and have been bleeding since yesterday it's just constantly bright red no clots or anything just counting down the days now till Friday I feel now I just need to know either way so can move on from this x
  • So sorry to read this. Try to stay positive and I really hope it is good news for you on Friday. Hugs xx
  • Hope everything is ok. Fingers crossed for you hun. X
  • Sorry to hear this, its an awful thing to go through. I hope that you are being well supported.  I know its a cliche but time is a healer, be kind to yourself x

• Thanks ladies oh is being fantastic waiting on me hand and foot lots of cuddles can tell he is hurting soon but he is a more positive person then me still bleeding eases off starts again no clots still but do you have to have these if mc? Worse thing is the waiting Friday still seems like forever away
  • I know exactly how you feel. I had a mc in 2010 an tbh I bled from the start of the pregnancy on and off. I had 3 early scans all in all and 7-14 days between each one. When the bleeding got heavy the waiting and not knowing was torture!! I bled fully for about a week before one evening I got really excruciating period type pains and started to pass small clots. I passed the pregnancy 36 hours later. It was awful.

But I also had bleeding with my dd and was convinced I'd had another mc and we saw her hb!! And she's here now! I'd say the difference between the 2 was that with my mc, once the bleeding started it got heavier and worse, whereas with dd, it was always there when I first woke up but by the end of the day had gone to a brown cm type thing. They also found a bleed withing the uterus with dd that was probably causing my bleeding. It stopped after about a week and I had no more bleeding.

The waiting game is torture but its impossible to know which way it will go. If you've not passed any clots then the pregnancy is still inside you which is obviously good, fingers crossed that you have a little heartbeat on Friday!

Let us know how you get on xx
  • Hope all goes well today x x

• Had scan and sadly confirmed mc consultant had advised d&c because keep getting strong bouts of pain and not passing anything but said my womb is bulky and full of clots they wanted me to stay in as emergency but wanted spend weekend at home had excruciating pain this morning and actually felt my cervix open passed huge clot like large egg (sorry tmi) and 2 small ones called ward they said still to come in for d&c on Monday as planned they want to make sure I have no retained tissue etc

We plan to start ttc once bleeding as stopped seems to help me cope real so hope to be back on due in boards soon

Wishing you ladies all happy and healthy pregnancies xxx
  • So sorry to hear this, such sad news. Take care of yourself x

• Oh no. You poor thing. That's very upsetting. You make sure you take extra good care of yourself and remember the old adage that most women conceive and carry to term immediately after a mc. I know three friends who have had their babies by falling pg after a D&C. Nothing nice about it hun but if there's a silver lining I hope you find it. X
  • Sorry to hear this, i know it is common, but it doesnt offer comfort when its happening to you.  I hope you are well looked after and that you are able to keep postive about the future, its a cliche but time is a healer.

• Oh no big hugs hunny im so sorry x x x

• So sorry to hear it Hun! I fell pregnant with dd 2 cycles after my mc and as hard as it was I wouldn't change it If I could go back, because I wouldn't have my little girl now! It's a really hard thing physically and emotionally to deal with so look afte yourself. Look forward to seein you're due again soon!! Xx
  • So sorry to hear your news. Like all the other ladies have said, look after yourself!!  Big hugs xx