Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Aug 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

advice please - shall I ring the epu?

I'm 7+2 and this evening was just eating tea with the family and then clearing away when I felt a gush. Ran to the loo and it was like a brown watery discharge (quite a lot). Have had a few pains on my left side. Do u think I ought to ring the epu tomorrow? Had this withbmy second daughter from 7-11 weeks and they scanned me every week and it was all fine but just feel a bit anxious. Any advice ladies? Happy new year! Xx

Replies

• Options
    Anything you are worried about its worth a call if only for peace of mind. Hope it is ok. X
  • Options

ditto what smudetake2 said, good luck xxx

• Options

Yes, I would call, I bled with my son throughout and everything was fine. However i also had bleeding a cramping with a previous ectopic.  Request an appoitment but if the pain gets worse please please dont be fobbed off, demand a scan.  I was telling them for weeks i was in agnony and even when my blood tests showed no doubling hcg, they refused.  Eventually I was scanned and rushed to theatre for surgery.  Good Luck, I hope it is postive for you.

• Options

Thanks for the replies. I rang two of my local EPUs today, one was closed and the other never rang me back...great! I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if I can get a scan. Still getting pains on one side. I think it's ligament pains but it would put my mind at ease to know.

• Options
    My local Epu isn't open weekends and bank hols so hopefully you'll get better lck today! They should get you in sooner rather than later with a bit of blood and pain in one side! Good luck xx
  • Options
    I had agonising round ligament pains when pg with DD and made an emergency appointment with my GP who reassured me but did say to ring epu if it worsened or I had bleeding. It's what they are there for hun.
  • Options
    Been to see the GP and they've booked me in with the epu tomorrow morning at 10am. Phew! Will let you know how it goes x
  • Options
    Good luck xx
  • Options
    Hope it goes well today x
  • Options
    Any news Hun? xx
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. Good news. All is absolutely fine, got to see the heartbeat and everything! I have got a blood collection in my uterus that is not near the baby but might cause some more bleeding. Phew! What a relief! X
  • Options

Yay so pleased x x

• Options

so pleased all is ok, hope you can relax now xx

• Options

Thanks ladies - so comforting to have you all here!

Mrs-W how are you feeling? Are you feeling tired with your two other littleuns?

XX

• Options
    Ah good news! That's exactly what I had last time and by my 12 week scan it had all gone and all was good! Xx
  • Options

glad all is well xxx

• Options
    Phew! Good news. X
  • Options

good news rubyshoes xxx (I'm a poet and don't know it!)image

• Options
    Fab news hon xx