Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Aug 2013

AWOL...

Hi ladies, I've been AWOL from this group for ages as I wasn't sure I was staying. I had a mmc and an erpc in july(baby was measuring 6 weeks at 9 weeks), so went for an early private scan at 7 weeks and they did an external and internal and said I was measuring 5 weeks with no hb. I was definite on dates so we were gutted it was happening again. Started bleeding heavily the next day (tmi, bright red, toilet full of blood etc), so had a scan the following day. They discovered an empty sac BUT a second sac with a 7 week old baby and a hb. I was rescanned this week on wed as im still bleeding/spotting brown blood daily, and measured 9 weeks as I should have been. They think the bleed is still coming from the 2nd sac. Soooo fingers crossed I'm staying! I've my 12 week scan in just under 3 weeks on the 24th jan, edd 5/6th aug. will try to catch up on other posts when dd has gone to bed x

Replies

• hi , so sorry to hear of your loss, but happy to hear you have a little one hanging in there.

i am a little confused, was you having twins but lost one ?? or did you get pregnat straight away, just with you saying july (or was that a seprate loss), i would of thought you would have been more than 9 weeks ??

iam little dozy so have prob read this wrong.

good luck anyway, iam 8 weeks due around 14 aug 2013 image
  • That's great news and fingers crossed all continues to go well. Completely useless information but my husband was one of twins but his mum mc the 2nd baby very early on. image
  • Yes it was twins this time, the early private scan at 7 weeks was because wanted to check I was progressing after a seperate missed miscarriage in July.

Smudgetake2 - they said its more common than people realise and they've only really discovered how common due to the increase of earlier scans. I've got a slight increased risk of miscarrying this one as my body is getting rid of the 2nd one and it might accidentally get caught up in that x
  • i hope everything goes well this time round, sending you lots of luck for your 12 week scan

ive also been having early scans due to a mc then an ectopic, iam due another scan in the few weeks, still cant help worring, just want to hurry up and see a 12 week scan.

take care x
  • Well you tell that baby to hang on in there!