Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Aug 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

so what do we all do for a living?

Just out of noseyness, what does everyone do? Im a manager for a large retailer and am currently project managing a new store opening which opens the week after next x

Replies

• Hi soexcited

I'm an EA in the largest headhunting company in the world image used to be a consultant myself, but happily got out of that role and now relaxed into an admin/support role - much less stress for when baby is here.

When are you due? I'm 22nd August.

x

• Foster care recruitment manager/ social worker.
  • I didn't go back to work after having my daughter who is 2 but I now do some childminding and have just started a new job running workshops for pre-school children whilst studying for a teaching assistant diploma. X
  • I am a community support worker for my church- organising events and social help for those living in the community- totally love it- totally flexible which will make everything easy when I have this little one!! One of my weekly events is a parent cafe- with advice an help with parenting. Can bring little one with me! Lol! X
  • Hello i am just returning a few months ago to my Hairdessing Aprenticeship very excited to get back into it, rubbish money though compared to my child care costs! Your job sound very important and exciting! Do you think you will return after your baby x
  • I used to be an advertising manager but now I'm a student midwifeimage x
  • I work in construction co-ordinating civil engineering sites, do quite enjoy my job, although it can be very stressful at times, i work 4 days a week having Weds off, and i cant wait till this weds as pg is taking its toll on me this time around xx

• I work in insurance! It's actually better than it sounds as I work with some lovely people and I love working in London. No idea how my boss is going to take the news when I tell him!!
  • I run an online furniture retailer..love your room!

• www.loveyourroombradford.co.uk

• I'm a health care assistant in family planning and gum clinics although I intend to become a sahm when this baby is born! Xx
  • Hey all, I'm the director for a little charity I founded in Dorset. Only work 2 days per week x
  • Some really interesting jobs. I went back 4 days a week after having my son but currently working full time while do new store. Prob is my sickness is dreadful at the min x
  • I have two jobs i work full time helping with peace and reconciliation in northern Ireland ( ignore what's happening in the news its not as bad as it looks) but i also work in tescos part time as well. my job isn't that safe so have tescos as a back up. Hoping to give up tescos at 20 weeks
  • I am a Lettings Manager in Birmingham. I will be due to go on mat leave at our busiest time of year wooops! My MD took the news well considering but noone else at work knows at the moment x

• I'm a teacher - part time after having DD and am currently setting up my own online business. Prob carry on with a mixture of the two after this second baby although will leave my current school & look for something closer. Struggling enough as it is getting DD to my parents and then on to school all takes about 1 and a half hours at least each way! Yawn!
  • I am the Timetable Administrator at my local University (it was a university college up until December but we got upgradded).  I love my job but I dream of beinga stay at home mum so I get more time with DS and the one on the way x

• I am a Spanish Translator and Proofreader for Herbalife in CA image

• Im an accountant working fulltime and havent told anyone at work yet, I will be off for our busiest time of year too so not looking forward to reaction. Would love to be a SAHM but finances dont allow and dd does love going to creche  x x

• Im a care assistant- nothing intresting really lol