Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Aug 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Having a rough time :(

Hi ladies. I haven't been on much lately, hope you're all doing ok. Last week I had an infected wisdom tooth and was in complete agony. I ended up having to take antibiotics which I was really worried about but the doctor assured me that it would be ok. Finally the pain stopped but then I got a nasty virus and have been really poorly the last few days with high temp, sore throat, headache and aching. Really hoping my little bean will be ok! I wasn't eating properly because of sickness and then I couldn't eat with my bad tooth as it was just too painful and now I haven't been able to keep food down with this virus, really trying with dry foods today. All in all not a good start to this pregnancy, hope the rest will be much better!!! X

Replies

• Oh you poor thing - you've been through the wars. I took antibiotics with DD for tonsillitis and it was ok. Those things are always a worry though. I would just eat what you can at the mo - your body will take what it needs and your baby will take from your reserves. Keep well hydrated. Maybe check with your GP or MW if you haven't already - just let them know you've been really poorly and that you're a bit concerned. They'll be able to reassure you.
  • Hi, please don't worry! I had exactly the same with dd. I had an infected wisdom tooth at 5 weeks pregnant and it was agony! That's why you're entitled to free dental care during pregnancy because you're much more prone to oral complications! My baby was fine! I was told to wash with corsodyl mouthwash regularly, and my dentist gave me a pipette to specifically clean the infected area!

I've also had the norovirus this time around and try as I might I struggled to keep even water down! Again so far so good!

Try not to stress. Our bodies are pretty amazing at protecting little one!

Xx
  • Hey all,

I think I've got an infected tooth and need to go to the dentist. Do I get free dental care immediately if I go into my dentist? I went with my first daughter but was around 36 weeks and it was very obvious!

Thanks, I'm 8+4 X

• Thanks for the replies ladies xx

Rubyshoes, sorry to hear you are suffering too, it's awful isn't it?! I just told the dentist I was pregnant as my card hadnt arrived yet and they just got me to sign and didn't make me pay. The dentist wouldn't give me antibiotics though because of being so early in pregnancy but by the next day I was in so much pain that I was in tears and called the doctor. He said certain antibiotics are fine and prescribed me some. When hubby went to the chemist to collect the prescription he just told the pharmacist that I was pregnant and didn't have to pay. Hope you get it sorted x
  • Thank you Mrs s! Hope you're feeling better now. I must go and get it sorted next week. Doesn't hurt too much but I really hate going to the dentist. Can't wait for this 12 weeks to be over! Xx