Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Aug 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Starting to show?!

Does anyone feel like they're starting to show already?

I felt really bloated at about 6 weeks, but that seems to have passed now and I just feel fat!  I've got a right belly on me, people at work have started looking!  It's a good job I'm planning on telling them in a few weeks as I don't think I'd be able to hide it for much longer.

Having said all that, this is my 2nd and my LO is only 10 months, so I suppose I was always fighting a losing battle with the belly, lol! image

Replies

• Options
    I'm almost 23 weeks and I'm still not showing yet image can't wait for my proper bump!!
  • Options

im 9 weeks and im already feel impatient, want my bump! lol i have a bloat bump, but its obviously not baby lol

• Options
    I'm in maternity jeans already, this is my second and I can't believe how massive I am : (
  • Options
    I'm still squeezing myself into my size 8's!! Stupid because my hips are hurting and my tummy is unbelievably bloated. I had to buy a pair of size 10 jeans after my daughter so I might use those before mat jeans as I'm sure it's bloat and not bump. I'm desperate to yank the maternity clothes down from the loft - all those glorious stretchy waist bands and leggings! Can't wait! I never purchased any work clothes in a bigger size as where I taught when last pregnant I had a more senior role and so wore a lot of dresses and then may trousers. Now I'm part time at a different school I'm teaching smaller kids and I do a lot of PE and stuff so I've been having to do the whole using a hair band through my button hole to tie round my button to give me an extra inch or two. So worried someone's going to spot or my hair band will go missing!! On dear. The things we do. Can't wait for a bump - took me ages to get one with my dd so I'd like one a bit sooner this time! Much baggier in the tummy department this time roundimage
  • Options

size 8? oh dear im in size 16 maternity.. it does not bode well!

• Options
    Haha. I put on two and a bit stone with my last pregnancy so it won't last long! Took me a year to get back to roughly my pre preg weight and I still have major muffin top but accepted there's nothing I can do about that! I'm guessing it won't go back 2nd time around!
  • Options
    I put on 4 stone and only ever got 2 off image
  • Options

i am feeling bloated too, am about 9 wks on Weds, i keep having to undo my top button of trousars & jeans etc.....was hoping not to show too early as dont want work to guess yet x

• Options
    I've an obvious bump, lots of baggy clothes at work til scan on thurs x
  • Options
    Gosh losing 2 stone is really impressive little monkey. It's really tough. I tried to be a bit more active but to be honest I'm rubbish at keeping fit and I like to snack on sweet things. To begin with I found the loss of tone to my tummy really depressing - would still feel awkward in a bikini I think but I don't think there's much you can do about the stretchy skin is there?!
  • Options

glad I'm not the only one feeling huge already littlemonkey!  Got the maternity clothes down the other day, but I can't start wearing them to work yet as I haven't told them.  It's driving me mad trying to hide it as all my clothes are so uncomfortable and just make me look massive as they are all quite fitted.  Still, only another 2 weeks until I'll be telling them, lol!

Smudgetake2 - I really don't think there is much you can do about the saggy mummy tummy!  I put on almost 4 stone with my son, and although I lost it again pretty quickly, I don't have the tone that I used to in my belly.  I also have a few stretch marks, so I think my bikini wearing days are over... but I've got the best prize in the world to show for it, so I don't mind too much image

• Options
    Yes! I've got a noticeable bump now. Im 12+4 today but the day after I got married people could hardly believe I'd hidden my bump in my dress! This is my 2nd, dd1 is 21 months xx