Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Aug 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hows everyone feeling???

GOOD MORNING LADIES image

So im nearly at the 12 week mark, starting to feel nervous about my scan! Im terrifed they wont find a heartbeat....i really should stop reading storys on google!

As for symptoms, the nausua has ebbed away and only makes a come back every now and then, still suffering from constipation (only go once a week) and finding it difficult to get comfy at night

No obvious bump yet either image i had a bit of weight around the middle to beguin with so think will take me abit longer to show (Im size 12-14 and 5ft2)

How you ladies getting along?? xxxxx

Replies

• Don't be nervous, the scan is the most wonderful thing I've ever seen! Look forward to it image it's too early for bump anyway then so unfortunately you kinda have to put up with the "cake shelf" stage lol!

I did ok first trimester, no sickness or anything at all really, now I'm almost 16 weeks and am eating horrific headaches, nothing is helping and getting really annoyed and upset with it all. I shouldn't complain I know but even if it would let up a little I'd be able to function, really severe and painful.

Hope your scan goes well! Take some money for the pics!! image
  • Hi

My scan is tomorrow and I'm really excited/nervous. After trying for 9 years afraid (laughably) that the scan will show nothing and I'll be asked to come back when there is something!! Lol!! I took 6 pregnancy tests in the space of 5 days just to make sure the positive faint mark on the first one was right! image

Still slight nausea, feeling it everyday but only being sick occasionally! Then to top it off I've been informed that I have a UTI and am on antibiotics. But hoping the scan will show everything as it should be and put a great big smile on my face. image

No bump (overweight), but feeling bloated!

Hoping your scan goes ok! x

• morning!

Glad im not the only one freaking out about the scan, wanna be excited lol

Woke up yesterday and took my weekly photo of my belly and decided to flick through the pics from the start (only weeks 10 to 12) and there is a definat lil bump popping out under my belly button, even my fiancee noticed yesterday image so looked at other people bump progressions and mines the same as most twin bumps (argghhhh) i cant even suck it in! well will soon find out! @smiler let us know how u get on, egarly awaiting your feed back image xx

• Hi, smilerkinners how did the scan go, what date u due ? When u havin your scan supersquish ?? x
  • mine tomorrow at 4.00pm praying hard that everything will be ok and baby will be healthy, ive read way too many horror storys image

Everything ok smiler??? 

• Hi Supersquish (and everyone else), Think I've spoken to you before o the coming off the cilest pill thread! Can't remember whether I knew you were pregnant or not? Big congrats! I too am 12 weeks, so we are exactly the same image - My scan is on Thursday but I am also anxious incase everything is not ok!!

I have a definate bump, and have done since about the 6 week mark!! I have non-identical twins that run in my family - my dad is a twin, my grandma (mums mum) is a twin and there are other sets of twins down my dads side!! I'm hoping that I don't find out that there is two in there! My family are convinced there is due to how big I am.

I am only quite petite in the first place though so don't know whether it's something to do with that?!! I hope! ha! xx

• Hi supersquish, queenasanti 83 and twinkle toes 86 and all!

Wow, well I wrote on here yesterday but my post is not here...will put it down to pregnancy and not submitting or something!! Who knows?? ;P

Anyway...scan went well, there was a baby there waving at us (nearly cried)!! Held it in! Phew.. not totally crazy! Super fast heart beat and 2 very happy parents and 2 very happy older siblings!!

11 weeks and 5 days so due 22nd August 2013. 

I always wanted twins supersquish but would rather 1 healthy baby! Hope your scan goes well for tomorrow and yours on Thursday twinkle toes 86!!

Anyway will try and submit again! xx

• Hi all, ive been for my scan today all went well, listening to the babies heartbeat was amazing, iam 13 weeks 1 day due date is 12 aug, am so excited x

glad to hear everyone is ok, and good luck to anyone due there scans soon x
  • eeek so excited for tomorrow! The days is going to drag! 

@twinkletoes, definatly not me not been on the pill for over 10 years lol!

@smiler and @queenasanti, congrats so glad everythings all ok! ooo hope we get to hear the heartbeat image

OMG my tummy is doing summersalts! going to make it all real xxx

• Hi Im due in August this year also. I dont knoe about you but I am feeling all over the place. I have so many questions and things bubbling away, and patience is certainly a virtue that seems to have misplaced me at the moment. Stacie

• Lost all my followed threads! they've just dissapeared image anyone else?

4 hours till scan image

• Yes, I've lost them too!! Strange!! I just go on to due Aug 2013 and look from there. 

Excited much?image Looking forward to your news! xx

• How exciting!! Let us know how you get on - mine is 9am tomorrow!

• Hey guys, I know this is really silly - but I'm really getting myself worked up about my scan incase they don't find a heartbeat etc. Is anyone else feeling worried like this? xx

• I was @ Twinkle toes 86. Thinks it's a normal fear!! I was afraid they'd find a black hole!! All was ok though. You need to try not to worry too much. Try to think of positive things. I have waited 9 years for this baba!! I was tempted to read about miscarriages and all that and decided I worry enough without all that so I didn't. 

Hugs and deep breaths! xx

• I don't usually get myself worked up but then I read a 'what to expect on your first scan' article on google and it was saying its not always a happy time for everyone as sometimes they don't find a heartbeat amongst other things! Gulp! So now I am worrying myself to death!! Just want it to be tomorrow now!! Thanks for hugs xx
  • WOW im a very happy mummy to be! was amazing to see baby moving around in there, now it feels real image they put me back to 11+1 tho which i was expecting- let us know how you get on girls xxx

• Great news supersquish!! Did you get to hear heartbeat? I didn't but seeing it fluttering was enough! x

• yeah i saw it fluttering but didnt get to hear it- will hear it in 3 weeks at mdwife appointment tho xx

• Hey everyone - I went for my scan this morning image thankfully everything was great so I'm very happy! I too am only 11 weeks though so I have to go back next week for a second scan so that they can determine the due date! I saw the baby moving and saw its little heart beating too! Was lovely - my mind has been put at rest now!! X