Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Aug 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Wow it's quiet in here!

Where has everyone gone?!  Even the pregnancy forum seems really quiet, most of the posts seem to be on threads from years ago.

How is everyone feeling?  Has anyone had their 20 week scan yet?  I have mine in a few weeks and can't wait to find out what we're having (a baby hopefully!).

Is anyone still feeling sick?  I get moments of sickness, but generally it has gone.  It's such a relief, but also makes me feel 'not pregnant' at times.  It was nice to hear the heartbeat the other day as I had an appointment with the consultant to discuss VBAC.  Does anyone have a doppler to listen in at home?

Replies

• are you on the Facebook group?
  • Hi

There are still a few of us..lol!! 

I still get nauseous, but like you it is easing off. Love feeling baba moving around and it was great hearing the heartbeat the other day. 

My 20 week scan is on 1st April but in the afternoon thankfully so no tricks! image Looking forward to seeing baba again, just hoping it keeps its legs crossed, will stop viewers from guessing.  image 

• HEY

my scan is on 9th april cant wait image

I was lucky, didnt get much sickness just a bit of nausa every now and then!

And your right it is soooooo quite noone is talking! (except me and smilerkinners lol)

wheres the excitment????? lol

• Glad there is someone else here!

Smilerkinners, how did your scan go?  Did you get a good view?  Hopefully no one made any guesses on the sex!

supersquish you must be excited about your scan next week - not long to wait now.  Are you finding out the sex or having a surprise?

I had my scan yesterday and baby number 2 is a boy!  So we will have two boys, I'm going to be very outnumbered in our house!  I'm hopeful that it means they will be close though, both being boys and only 18 months apart, fingers crossed anyway.  I popped in to town at lunch time and bought a little boys outfit as we haven't bought the new baby anything yet, they look so small!

• Aww thats only down fall about not finding out! cant buy gender stuff, really hoping for a little girl image but i dont mind what i get really, both are a blessing!

Off to my mums tonight, will try getting a few kicks for her, want her to feel it too but tend to get big kicks quite randomly image hubby always misses them lol but has felt a few pokes

• Hi Br2B

Scan went well, thanks apart from low lying placenta and a grumpy sonographer!! Told me not to look up a low lying placenta on the internet and be getting all worried!! What did I do? I got home and looked up low lying placents...lolol!! image The thing is I need to be realistic, yes, the majority of placentas raise but some don't meaning a 'c' section, I hate the thought of having one but in the end I will do what's best, not worrying just knowing what can happen helps me to view all possibilities. 

Congrats on your boy no 2!! Boys are more cuddly (most of the time and through experience). Just all the more men to look after you!! xx

I have bought loads of stuff, mainly 2nd hand and using reusable nappies so have already purchased them!! Unisex clothes hanging on the line now!! xx

• Just got in, mum couldnt feel baby image but hubby can??? Its either because i wasnt lying down or my fella is telling porkies! But ive felt baby on outside LOADS so i dunno image

Cup of horlicks and one born every minute image 

• Trouble is if you're not there all day then there's less chance (baba just kicked so must agree). My baba is more active in evening when I'm about to settle, mornings and afternoon. You could have just been there at the wrong time. Hope she gets to feel it soon. xx

I couldn't watch one born every minute!! Brave lady! image + image + image heehee! xx

• hi girls, one born every mintue was a little bit scary last night dont you think.??

gutted it was the last one though.

can anyone recommend any good prams(travel systems) i think i need to go have a good look round, but the ones i keep thinking are nice either come in pink or blue and as i didnt find out i need a unisex colour, was thinking maybe red !!
  • morning, one born had me blubbling lol! Terrified it will happen to me image

As for prams, im going for a travel system by lady bird simply because its on sale, it a purpleish colour so its unisex, its on littlewoods website if u wanna look

Its not the prittyest but who cares? its to push your baby around, its not a fashion contest image lol

• I am on fb 'For sale, free in 'town name'' We bought a beige Graco travel system including soft carrycot, car seat and car seat base for £25!! image

Considering the huge expense sometimes it's better to go 2nd hand but if it's your first baby sometimes you just want new! I know someone who has had nearly as many prams as her sons months (14)!! image

Boy, I'm going to miss this site!!! Maybe I'll register on my phone if there's a signal!! image

• If i find a nice one in good condition then i dont mind going second hand image I try keep a look out on ebay too

Omg ill be 20 weeks pregnant in 2 days, my scans on tuesday ooo i cant wait! going to be soo much better than the 12 week scan image

how you feeling? Ive found im getting aching hips alot mostly if im on my feet alot, and backache has kicked in too, finding it difficult to bend down and stuff now, hows your bump coming along??

• Hips are akilling me!! Other two I don't remember this pain. Hard getting comfy at night then if it really hurts through the night then I suffer all day. No backache though but those round ligaments also catch me off guard!! Phone has terrible reception. Waiting 10 mins for a page to load. Glad your scan went well supersquish the sonographer also didn't 100% confirm no hole in heart. Maybe I'll get to see for definite on 36wk scan. xx
  • Thats a scary thought image But hopefully will all be ok at next scan, there was me thinking id only get 2 scans lol she gave me 5 photos FOR FREE was gob smacked! hehe