Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Aug 2013

25 week midwife appointment

I am 23 weeks and have heard nothing since I saw midwife week 16 which is fine but not sure if to ring for appointment or leave it till she rings!! LOL

Just wanted to start a new conversation!! image

Replies

• Ha ha ha!! Only 22 weeks actually, there's impatience for you!  image

• She arranged mine at my 16 week appointment image I would give her a ring if i was you image

Hows bubba doing? Im getting some good strong kicks now, my belly pokes right out lol

Ive got another scan today to cheak babys heart as was layed spine up at 20 week scan, so she couldnt compleat her cheaks but suppose i get another sneak peek, wonder how much has changed in 2 weeks.....

• Oh wow!! Hope the scan goes ok and that you get a great pic of hand as you hoped for!! 

Sprout is kicking like crazy!! Looks like an alien in my belly....lolol!! image

Goes extra crazy when dada talks to me which is great for him!! image

• yeah our baby starts kicking when hubby is talking lol! Scan was ok, took 45mins as baby was in same position as last time (obviously comfy) but got there in the end...got to see the heart!!!! was crazy lol

also my fetal doppler arrived today so ive been listening to babys heartbeat tonight hehe found it more or less right away 154bpm image

• hi, ive got my 25 week appointment next tuesday have a little listen to the heartbeat again image

The baby kicking feels amazing i love it and think its great that kicks are getting stronger, supersquish just watched your vid, it great.

well ive managed to pick up my matb1 form so not stressin about that anymore.

How you both getting on with buying things for the little ones?
  • We will be moving at beguinning of july if all goes well so we havnt dont the furniture or anything but i know what we want image where getting our crib and stuff from ikea.

Weve had a moses basket given, weve got some clothes to get us through the first week, dunno what were having so havnt bought much! Started buying nappies, asda and tesco are doing a jumbo box, 2 for £20 atm so got 2 boxes size 1 and size 2, but also got a few packs that ive been picking up while doing the shopping lol how about you?? 

squishy and flump xxx

• Hi hi! 

Glad your scan went well supersuish and must be great to hear baba whenever you want to!! image

As for baby stuff...well...I have all me reusable nappies ready, I got rid of all the ones I'd got for my 2nd and have been buying some here and there. My sis gave me some unisex 0-3/3-6 month clothes and I also got some from fb. Spent £10!!image

Got baby bath, cot, pram, and the top of an old silver cross which we'll be using for baba instead of moses basket (will have been used for all 3). not much left to buy and I'm as good as done. Clothes will last for first 6 months with maybe a top up, but don't think I'll need to. Neighbour's making me a couple of cardies, daughter's crocheting blanket and I'll be doing a few little ones too!! Breastfeeding means I don't have to worry about that side of things. image

Anyone had the braxton hicks yet? I have, don't remember them like this last time but we're talking 9 years ago so memory's getting worse! image 

Booked my 25 week appt only to have it changed to a 26 week appt as they don't start measuring till 26 wks and mw thought it would be easier to do it all at once. Also there's the whooping cough and anti d injections wk 28...bleurgh...I hate needles!!image

And after that essay...I'm signing off!! xx

• lol! not had any bh yet, just bubba doing on streches on my cervix atm...and thats verry uncomfy lol! find myself having to stand up and walk it off till baby moves image

Im planning on breastfeeding too, any tips? really want to succsed with it but i hear of so many women giving up after a week

xx

• Breastfeeding tips?? Well, determination for a start, I loved it (the closeness, bonding and easiness). Some people are unable to do it, some have no wish to do it, some try it and hate it, some do it for the first week or even just the first feed due to the excellent milk that our bodies produce. 

Maybe joining a breastfeeing group would be a really great start, that way you'll have the encouragement and help from other mums doing what you are and encouraging you to continue!! I also never bought bottles or milk powder, if my body was/is unable to produce milk, well, I would approach that mountain when I came/come to it. But it was something I really, really wanted to do, It made me feel complete and that I was doing what was best for my child. that's just me!! 

xx

• Ive booked into a brestfeeding class so i can learn the ins and outs of it lol Its something i really hope i can do, ive already started to leak a bit so thats a good sign, planning on expressing for my partner to do some feeds too so i can get some rest at night.( He works the night shift and tends to stay up for a few hours before he comes to bed) And i think it will help him to bond too, if not he will have to make do with winding baby lol

URGHH what i would give to go back to bed this morning, struggled to get up, off to work i go image

• What a great idea to get your hubby involved. I did try expressing but not very good at it. I've still bought a new breast pump to try again so all the family can get involved. They do say not to give a bottle for "?" a while (check with your breastfeeding group) as baby can find it confusing or something??? Don't quote me but if you find out you could clarify!! Hee hee!

Poor you, up so early!! Be up a bit earlier for baby but at least you can get back to noddy land afterwards!! I get up with hubby to make sandwiches and breakfast, then I start homeschooling, not taking summer hols till baby arrives so we get a 6 week break then!! Yay!! 

Sore hips again this morning but I'M PREGNANT!!!! YAY!!

xx

• lol ^^ was talking to my mum about nipple confusion, with breastfeeding and using bottles, she said if i start as i mean to go on then it should be ok, but will definatly find out image nap time yey! xx

• I did a mix with my daughter and she preferred the bottle (she was a very laid back drinker) she was weaned by 9 months, but was on solids earlier than 4 months. My son had solely breastmilk up till 6 months old as I didn't want to introduce the bottle (I did occasionally express to give hubby and daughter a chance to have a feed). Found it better to stick with solely breastfeeding but maybe I was being selfish and didn't want to share the bond!! imageimage

You will find what is right for you, breastfeeding groups may help people to continue if they're of 2 minds but the main thing is guilt possibly that is out there if people don't continue.

I have no leaks, worried incase I can't. Thought maybe due to 3rd milk would be in sooner but I don't know! image

xx

• cheak your bra, i noticed stains in my bra at first, then a few times ive noticed my arm was wet and realised it has come from my nipple ( i sleep in just my knickers) lol 

Give it time, im sure it will make a appearance soon enough image 

OMG cant wait to meet my little one image

Im looking at breast pumps- so many to choose from!

• I hope so!! But definitely no leaking of any kind yet!! Maybe you'll just have an abundance!! image

Sprout was really quiet the other day...too quiet!! Started homeschooling and halfway through a chapter I realised no movement all morning...talk about freaking, but not in front of children, just inside my head...took a glass of orange juice and went to sit quietly while texting hubby, while I was texting sprout decided to have hiccups and put my mind at ease. Usually a little wriggler!!  Today it hasn't stopped!! Maybe it thinks sac is a hamster wheel!! Hee hee!! xx

• LOL today loads of people have mentioned my bump- Think its got bigger without me realising! Even strangers have said 'aw when are you due'? gave me such a thrill! image

Breast pumps are soo expensive image ofcourse im lazy and want a electric one lol! Maybe i will see if breast feeding works before i spend money on a pump.... image

When i was born it was at 31 weeks of pregnancy, my mum had eclampcia and neither of us were expected to make it, were in intensive care for 6 weeks...thats like me having my baby in 8 weeks time image how insane is that???

• These naughty babys...scaring us! I think they tend to be quiet when they have a growth spurt image

• Aargh!! Don't say that, 1st was 9.5 2nd 8.11...growth spurt...already think it's big, hoping the midwife will tell me it's not and that I'm worrying needlessly!! image

It's a good idea to buy breast pump after starting, let your milk flow in etc, make sure you're going to continue etc. I have just been reading posts on breastfeeding versus bottle feeding from a few years ago...LaLeche was mentioned as a great support, they have internet site I think...yes...www.laleche.org.uk/. They are also on facebook and have various local groups on their website.

I hit 22 week mark and boom...baby belly, look well funny waddling to the gym!! Hee hee xx