Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Aug 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Any early labour signs yet??

So ill be 35 weeks pregnant on tuesday, im already on the look out for my mucus plug!

Only changes so far are opening bowels (large) everyday (sometimes twice)! And increase of discharge,also my nipples are devoloping a darker pigment around the edge, kinda like my nipples have a tan line lmao! but thats all so far- im still craving sweet things so ive got plenty of fruit to try stop over gaining with the weight! gotta be better that stuffing my face with chocolate right?? lol

Dont care if its TMI just tell me all the juicy details...were all going to go through the same thing right, so may aswell compare image

supersquish xxx

Replies

• Hi Supersquish

Lots of braxton hicks and I also have increase of discharge. I also have darker areas (tan lines) lol....far TMI!! image

I am also going to the loo more regularly but like you am trying to eat fruit!! Ice cubes are my craving though, especially after being out most of the day....come home and raid the freezer. image

Had to go for a scan yesterday due to a slight bleed a few weeks ago but parking was a nightmare (took me 25 mins to find a space) nearly gave up and went home, hospital was like an oven...hoping this LO stays in till the weather cools down a bit (snow would be good)!! image

Last 2 were late but hubby thinks this ones going to come early...as long as I get to finish decorating first!! One whole month till due date...where has the time gone??

I also have a pain very low down in my 'bits' like when trying to put trousers and other various items and moving stuff but will mention to mw tomorrow just in case it's something.

Aah well back to the grindstone!!! Keep safe and well folks!! xx

• One of the first signs I noticed was pooing all the time lol. I had her at 38+4. Good luck!  X

• well i ended up at labout ward at 2.00am with regular braxton hicks and a slight bleed 

everything turned out ok, cervix is still thick and long and they cant find where the bleed came from image i keep getting verrrry sharp pains in the cervix area and tightnings over my bump! i swear the hospital probably thought i was making it up!

Kinda dissapointed that nothings happening 'down there' image i know theres lots of time but i just cant wait to meet our baby- will just wait impatiently! 

Heard a few babies being born while i was there, i wanted to go watch lmao! 

SO 5 hours in hospital proved to be verry boring, need to pack something to keep us entertained at the beginning of labour!

Im supposed to go straight in when i go into labour to have the I.V drip for the group B strep but im debating waiting till labour progresses a bit when it happens....may have a chat about it with my midwife

4 weeks till the finish line!

• I also had a slight bleed a few weeks ago and went for a follow up growth scan this Tuesday just gone. They couldn't find why I had the bleed so the scan was to ensure growth was continuing!! Had to look away while she was at the legs areas just in case I got a clear picture of what we're having!!!

Went for my 36 wk check the other day and she wrote baby was engaged 4/5 not much I know but still kind of scary/exciting!! 

• when do they start to examine us? cheak the cervix etc? xx

• I have never been examined until labour, was induced with both but never got examined with either before the 'fun' (NOT) started. Think they just wait for you to start labour. Well, here anyway. Have you been told about perineum massage? It's been mentioned ages ago but my mw hasn't gone through what needs to be done (I have looked it up on internet but was hoping for more details from her). 

I had such a horrible pain before right down below, Couldn't stand, wasn't labour, think baba was punching a nerve or something felt like when I had my waters popped...ouch!! Better now though.

Have you been told that they will examine your cervix? 

• had midwife appointment today, she said they dont cheak cervix till were in labour image so wont have any clues as to when its getting close. babys head is in my pelvis tho, but she didnt say how far...

she said the sharp pains on my cervix is baby corkscrewing its head on it lol which is why it hurts.

I learned about perinium massage at my birthing class, i should probably do it....but i dont want to lol

• I know the massage bit after reading just makes me feel a bit icky!!! image

It's probably better that they don't check anyway as it can be rather awful, I had them putting in pessaries with my first and that was rather uncomfortable so the longer they leave things be (for me anyway) the better!! xx

• Im having a scan tomorrow because of reduced movement image nervous is the word!

Hope everythings ok! will be nice to get another sneak peek, will let u know what happens tomorrow

• im sure alls well supersquish, just probably moving less with not much room now, which seems to be common. Let us know how you get on. image. xx

• Hey supersquish...hope all's well. 

My bump was moving less yesterday but could have been I was too busy to notice plus mw said today it may be due to less room.

3/5 engaged....still got decorating to do...hold on in there baba!! image

• well scan went well, baby is developed perfectly, placenta is working fully and feeding baba, all major organs are good too. I swear they should offer a 3rd trimester scan to all women! we didnt do any of the extra tests (downs etc) so kinda starts to play on your mind towards the end with the 'what if's! We got a look at baby but it was hard to see what was what with it being all scrunched up in there lol, we saw the face too but still no clue who its going to look like! Hoping for baby to come on the 18th, dannys mum and dad come back from spain on the 17th and my best friend moves to america on the 20th so would be a perfect day to come! will be gutted if she dosnt get a cuddle before she goes! Hows everyone else doing? oh my baba was 3/5 engaged too at last appointment image

• Hey 

Glad all's ok...hoping your baba comes at the right time for all the folks to see. 

I'm ok....just would like this decorating finished now and all rooms back to normal in preparation for baba to make an appearance...don't want to be induced again!!! Ouchimage