Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Dec 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Further than I think?

So I'm kinda showing or getting fat lol, but in the last 3 days people are constnatly asking when i'm due. I have been making them feel bad and saying im not pg and just getting fat, but wondered if maybe my dates are out. I had a bleed 10/3/13 but only lasted 2 days and was very light where usually i am heavy and last 1+weeks? Heres my problem My dr wont listen to me and told me my midwife will be in contact around10-11 weeks if im right though it will be to late to do all the 12 week scan tests.

Replies

• image don't really have any useful help here, but dudnt want to read and run, midwife already in touch from 5 weeks here, though not seeing her until Saturday. I assume you only tested after missing the recent period. There is no way you can actually contact the midwife service circumnavigating your doctor?
  • How far along did you originally think you were? If you find a contact number for you hospital and ask to be transferred to the early pregnancy unit you could ask for a blood test to see what your levels are at which would give them a rough idea of how far gone you are, they should then book a scan for you if they're highet than expected. The bleed you had coyld have been an implantation bleed, definitely doesn't sound like a period to me. Hope this helps, my doctors are also useless but my hospital are very helpful and understanding xx