Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Dec 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

BFP after 6yrs+ of infertility

Hi All I used to be a regular member of this site when I was ttc via infertility clinic. Quick update on myself, me and my hubby have been ttc for over 6 years with no luck. I had treatment with clomid - no joy and just finished a 6 month treatment of Gonal F. I have POCS and never have periods naturally. I also had to endure a hycosy image Anyway, to cut a long emotional and draining story short I just finished our FINAL attempt at Gonal F and we were going to be added to the IVF waiting list. I just got an amazing new job and bought myself a cute little 2 seater convertible to celebrate. I had a concert to attended on Friday and thought it was best to use my final clear blue digital test. We basically came to the conclusion months ago our treatment wasn't working and resigned to the fact we would be going down the IVF road. I was looking forward to having a break from it all and gathering some strength I had lost over the past 6 months!!! My test came up PREGNANT 1-2wks on Friday. Me and my hubby are both in utter denial that this may actually be our chance! I called my fertility clinic, explained everything to them and they said I am pregnant and my 7wk scan has been scheduled for 10/05! We are literally paralysed with fear and excitement - should I be exited?! My last period was 12/03 this makes me 5wks 5days. My heart is pounding as I don't want to get my hopes held high as I have been through so much pain the past 6 years! This is my first ever pregnancy and I use pesaries after my ovulation. I stopped these 3 days ago and I have 2 beautiful tests with big fat pregnant on them. All going well my edd is 17/12! Look forward to speaking to you all xxx

Replies

• A HUGE congrats to you, hope everything works well for you both and it all goes smoothly! Keep us posted on your pregnancy

Good luck image xxxxx

• Thank you so much!

It's just typical isn't it, get a new job/car as i was tired of putting my life on hold and then our dreams come true - story of my life but I wouldn't change it for the world and will just have to deal with my new job (haven't started yet - what should I do there?!) and my new car? Well hubby will use it and ill use his image

Just so scared to believe it is true.

No symptoms as such, just tender boobs (nothing new there) and I sooooo tired. Typing this and can barely keep my eyes open!

Don't think I can wait until 10th May! These 3 weeks will kill us. The 2ww was torture enough!

• Congratulations thats brilliant news & welcome image x

• Amazing. Congratulations to you both. Wishing you a happy and healthy 8 months ahead! xx
  • Hugest congratulations!!!

I had a difficult time with my son (clomid and fell month before ivf due to start) and so know a bit of how you ae feeling.  I try and just get by a day at a time and find that helps a bit!xx

• Massive congratulations to you and your partner! I hope everything goes extremely well for you!! Xx
  • Thank you all so much.

So you think it will all be ok from here onwards? We don't know what to say or do. We are both like 2 lost people looking for stuff to do. Everytime we speak about it my hubby is so happy and excited but then gets scared and says we need to wait until the scan before we can get ahead of ourselves and excited. I agree but it's so hard as this is what we have been dreaming of for so long and I want to cherish every second!

Never ever been in this position before and I keep looking at my clear blue test. First thing I thought of this morning was "did I dream it?"

• It's very very hard when you have waited so long. I found it so hard to actually relate being pregnant to me and just didn't feel real at all. I had a sexing scan at 17 weeks and only then did it sink in!x
  • Big congratulations! Xx
  • Congratulations x
  • Congratulations!
  • congrautlations xx

• Wow big congratulations hun. That is how it goes the minute u stop worrying and get.on with ur life u are given what u want. After years of tryng ajd me having pcos and my hubby having probs we believed t would never happen I'm now on my 3rd pregnancy. Xx
  • That's amazing , congrats xxxx
  • Thank you all so much. I reckon I'm actually 5 weeks between Wed-Fri as I had my ovitrelle injection on the Wed (3wks this Wed) would that be right? So by the time I get my scan I might be 7-8wks (it's 2 weeks on Fri)

Still not sinking in. Don't think we are allowing ourselves to accept it until the scan!

I'm SO nervous and anxious. I don't know how I'm going to survive until the 10th May!!!!!!