Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Dec 2013

Hello :)

Hi everyone, I hope you don't mind if I gate crash here for a while. I'm actually due the beginning of January but there isn't a board up for that yet.

I'm approx 5+6 with my second child. My first was born in June '11 image 

My tummy seems to be soo bloated already to the point where my jeans are uncomfy and some won't even fasten image I desperately need new clothes (needed them pre pregnancy anyways) and I have some birthday money left but not sure what to buy that isn't going to waste money on things that aren't going to fit in a few weeks. Any suggestions please?

pthanks image 

Replies

• hello hun congratulations on your pregnancy mothercare is good buy a dress maxi dress that is a size or 2 bigger and it will fit you now as there baggy and in a few more months image and bigger jeans u feeling good apart from bloating ? xx

• I was similar,  maxi dresses are comfy but i find them a little inpractical. I'm normally a size 10 so I bought some size twelve dresses with stretch and high waistline from primark- figuring it wouldn't be too expensive if they didn't last long, I have a definite bump now and they are still comfy at 11 weeks- with room for growth, I did pick up a pair of low waist maternity in a charity shop at6 weeks- but they are only really comfy now. There was still a bit much material at 6 weeks image

• Gap jeans and wrap dresses are the answer! I spent an absolute fortune on maternity clothes with my son to find as the bump got biggre they just didn't last.

I found gap jeans, isabella oliver wrap dresses (pricey but they have sales and sell on eBay) and crave stretchy maternity trousers are going to be my favourite staples as they lasted from start to finish and after last time! 

xx

• Great thank you ladies ill take a look at your suggestions image so far I'm feeling great thanks, little but tired but nothing too bad. I had HG with my daughter so really hoping it doesn't rear it's ugly head this time round! X

• hey! imdue in Jan too! and had my little boy in Jan 11! Have the exact same due date as  i did with him just 3 years on. for cheap maternity try new look and peacocks. tbh most of my stretchy vest tops from primark (I'm a size 12 so bought a 14) fit me right up to 40 weeks with some stretch jeans or leggins. 

• I bought a belly band which just fastens to the buttons on your current jeans or trousers to make them bigger. I've been wearing that for about 4 weeks now but it's getting uncomfortable so have just bought some under the bump jeans from gap and new look. x