Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Dec 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pee Pot and a ? Pot?

I picked up a load of paperwork and a couple of plastics pots from the doctors which they said I need before my midwife booking appt next week.

Got the tall thin pee pot which it tells you to take with morning sample to appt.   Then got a shorter wider pot but it doesn't say what its for!!!! It doesn't look like a bloods tube to me.  I hope its not a poop pot?!!!

Anyone else get one - or any ideas?

Replies

• Options

Hi Mrs-L, sorry for G/C but you may find that the tall thin pot is for your booking in appt & they may send it away for testing whilst the shorter fatter pot is for all your future appointments (you'll need a sample of wee every time you see the midwife/Dr) which they simply dip a stick into, rinse the pot & return to you.  For your bloods you get given a bag with a sheet detailing what they're testing & poo/stool samples they will specifically ask for at the time they need it with a timescale to return it within (though you rarely get asked for this).

• Options

Thanks KazzieM thats not a G/C thats very helpful!  Makes sense.