Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Dec 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Emotional and exhausted

Hi all,

brand new to this whole forum thing and though I've got no 'problems' as such I just felt the need to vent I guess. I'm 11weeks with our first baby and got a gut feeling something is going to go wrong. I've wanted this baby for years and my partner is just as excited as I am however when I tell him my concerns he tells me I'm being silly and there's nothing to worry about which although that may be the case, him calling me silly, just riles me! 

he works away during the week so its bliss regarding sleep as I get the full bed to myself but then when he's home on a weekend, he takes up the space, snores and acts like an in bed radiator...= no sleep for me!

im not the best person without sleep at the best of times (thou don't get me wrong I know what I'm signing up for having a baby...) he just doesn't seem to be helping matters! 

I don't want to be someone who turns into an argumentative orge for the further 6months+ so any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

thank you all in advance!! Xx

Replies

• In my pregnancy with my son (now 3), I was a total bitch up until about 4 months. in those first few months your body is doing the hardest part of forming the baby so your hormones are all over the place, hence the sickness, tiredness and constant crying (well, for me anyway!). I'm confident once it's all calmed down a bit you will feel less stressed. x

• Hi mrs Topher, sounds like your hormones are a bit all over the place which is completely normal especially in the first 3 months of pregnancy! Im 11 weeks also and I have had the same feelings, I think until the scan there's always the thought that something will go wrong and I have had a lot less symptoms than I I'd with my son (nearly 2) im not complaining as felt like death until 20 weeks last tmie but it did help reassure me everything was ok. My hubby tells me not to be silly too and changes the subject, men! They don't have the same worries (or hormones/emotions!) as us women!  

Can you sleep somewhere else like a spare room when ur hubby is home? Or maybe just one night out of 2 so you get one night decent sleep? I'm lucky my husband is skinny and doesnt snore (unless he has a cold!) tho my pet hate is he sometimes leaves his phone on vibrate and will get junk emails at 2am that wake me up! Grrr! I also really NEED sleep to function last night I didn't get much so I've been very grumpy and short with my son today which I feel slightly guil bout nw he's in bed..

Anyway  youmight find after 3 months the emotions will not be as strong , after 20 weeks last time I went through he 'glowing' stage and felt great most of the time! 

Pink x