Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Dec 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone else exhausted? How do you get through the day?

Ok so I'm very lucky in that I'm self employed and work from home part time while my DS is in nursery 2.5 days a week.   I remember my first pregnancy working from home full time but spending huge amounts of time in the bathroom hugging the loo and wondering how women actually got to work.   This time my sickness feels horrific although I don't think I'm throwing up quite as much.   I am really really tired though.  I've heard there is a really tiring stage early on - when is this and how long does it last?   I remember last time feeling fine and wondering what stage people meant being really sleepy all the time.   I only remember it in the last trimester.   

I laid down on my bed this afternoon simply because I felt so poorly I just had to rest for a minute and then I woke up an hour later.  Whooops!  

Glad I don't have to go out to an office or anything but I am getting really behind with all my work - I used to work evenings but DS is staying up later now and I am in bed by 9pm so barely getting an hour done now I used to get loads done.

Anyway I can't stomach coffee which is good because I know you should limit intake, I used to thrive on it before getting pregnant though.   What can I do to stay awake though - any tips greatly appreciated thanks!image

Replies

• Hi, Im feeling very tierd in this pregnancy also am now 13 weeks, have been feeling like this since about 5 or 6 weeks, now im getting over tierd and not sleeping till really late but dont want to get up in the mornings luvky i work from home also its a godsend dont think i could go out to an office and work 9 till 5 id be dead by now. This is my third pregnancy hopefully should get better in the next month or two but is very common in the first few months image Try having an hour in the day helps tuns and drink ovaltine works a treat 

• I have felt shattered from 6 weeks and was same with my ds. I remember feeling a lot better at 14 weeks as I got to 12 weeks and expected to miraculously feel better!x

• I have not moved from the sofa today. housework has gone to pot and poor lo is being entertained from the comfort of the sofa!

Seem to remember last time i started to feel better at 10 weeks but that doesn't seem to be the case this time.

SBx

• im feeling the same, had no idea it was even humanly possible to feel THIS tired ALL the time... have been feeling pretty tired since about 8 weeks but has only got worse for me unfortunately. have been trying to fight the tiredness but only end up with a horrible head ache if i try to stay up too long. The only advice i can give you is to try and get in the rest whenever you can- always best to get a nap in if you have time (admittedly rather difficult when I have a 3yo to run around after aswell as having to go to work...)

but i have definately noticed the longer i put off sleeping the worse i feel -also makes my sickness worse- so best to try grab some sleep whenever you feel you can image xx

• So so tired its unbelievable, am seven weeks and have also given up coffee, dont know if i felt this bad with the others, dd is downstairs watching tv am going to rouse myself for her sake! Have made some plans for tomorrow hopefully i will feel better soon- and all of you too!

• i feel pretty human compared to you poor ladies ive not suffered with much at all, but listen to bubas hb every other day on hb, just to reasure me i am pregnant lol! xx

• I am13+2 today and just starting to feel human again. Nausea has def gone, tiredness is getting better but I'm finding I'm feeling sick after food so have reduced my portions down considerably. 

My 3 year old appears to have chicken pox now too. 

If its not one thing, it's another! 

x

• Definitely been feeling better since about a week ago. Nausea went and I can now eat in evening again. if I don't do anything that requires exertion I'm ok, but exercise exhausts me for a while after. Mowing the lawn was hard. - saying that I plan to try aqua-natal tonight.. So I could be in bed as soon as I get home!