Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Dec 2013

How is everybody?

Hello everyone, I havent been on in a while. Had a really bad week last week where my nausea and ms hit an all new high! Lost 4lbs lol. Been soooo tired especially chasing after my nearly two yr old!

Our 12 week scan isn't until after our holiday on the 16th which seemed so far away that we're having a private scan today, as there's a discrepancy in dates it'll be nice to know exactly where I am! 

My booking in appt went ok, was v tactfully told that I'm overweight, which was no surprise, I'm well aware! Will be referred to a dietician and have a GTT test at 28 weeks. Will be referred to a consultant as I've asked for an elective cesarean this time round. She said they'll push for a vbac but as long as I stay strong they'll let me have It! 

Replies

• HI Soph,

I am really tired too! Not helped by my 21 month old waking at 04.30 with a bad cough. Am 11 weeks tomorrow and just starting to feel a bit more human. Not actaully had MS but gagging and nausea have been a common feature.

My scan is 10th June and am counting down the days until then. I am consultant led too as had emcs. Can I be nosey and ask why you are choosing elective?

SB x

• Hi honey, difficult choice for me especially as the recovery is so long, so def won't be ideal with three children but my first labour ended up in forceps, not a huge deal but was prepped and numbed in theatre ready for a cesarean. Second labor I was induced as I had gestational diabetes.....I was over stimulated, stuck up on the antenatal ward where they coud offer me no pain relief and having contractions over 60 secs long and only 15-20 secs in between each node, by the time I got to the delivery ward I was so stressed out and exhausted. Jacobs heart rate dropped v quickly and wasn't recovering  so we v quickly agreed to a c sec which I was fine with, I just wanted it to be over! When in theatre I had a huge bleed, ended up losing two litres blood...i had placental abruption and was told they were putting me to sleep so I had my emergency c sec under general aneasthetic and missed the first 3 hours of his life image it was so v traumatic for me and I've yet to have a positive birth experience so to me the only way of achieving this is to have a planned one!!!

• Hi ladies! I know how your feeling, running around after my almost 2 year old on top of being more exhausted than usual has given me a really short fuse image  add that to a 5 hour car journey with 2 kids and a dog and a hubby who refuses to follow sashouts but will not turn it off!!! 

I have found the choice of a planned c-sec v a VBAC a very hard desicion, I've gone for a VBAC mostly because of the recovery after c-sec although I'm still not 100% on my desicion.

• I had an EMCS last time but have not been told if I will be consultant led, how did you find that out?

• Hi Soph & Boosmummy,

I can totally understand why you have elected to have a csec and they do say that recovery is better if it is elective rather than emcs.

Like you Boos mummy unless babba is breech again then i am going to try for Vbac as i got to the final hurdle last time but was denied the glory of pushing!! haha.

Boosmummy - my mw said it at my booking in but she did say that I won't actually see a consultant but have to attend a clinic. Then when birth day comes I will be in the consultant delivery suite.

SB x

• Oh right, I've been told I can't go to a mw led birthing centre, because of my previous EMCS, I got all the way to the end to inc an hour of pushing but the cheeky little monkey just didn't want to leave!! I do think that my epidural ( I literally begged mw for it) slowed everything right down. I don't think I'd be able to to do it without one, Gas & air really made me out of it. I couldn't focus on anything!